Dog Bones

Luvanicebum

Registered
Does anyone know the center to center hole dimensions for a set of Dog bones to rais the rear end about an inch?
I'm going to whip up a pair on the Mill.
spank.gif

Thanks!

Hey could you post that up, or PM me the info, I'm looking to make a set as well, was just assuming 1/2" shorter than stock.

Thanks

Dweezel

Why not just take the bones out, raise the tail to the level you want and make the measurement. Of course you have to compensate for sag...
beerchug.gif

I had asked this before, I see lowering links all the time but where are rising links?

I'm curious. Does anyone know the formula of "dogbones this length=raising the rear this much"?

seems pretty close to 1 bolt hole width per inch... not sure if it was accidental or not...

I just measured the stock dogbones and got 4 5/8" center to center. The previous post measured 4 3/8" for a 1" raise.

So it looks like 1/4" changes the rear by 1".

So if I wanted to raise the rear 1 1/4", the dogbones would have to be 4 5/16".
And if I wanted to raise the rear 1 1/2", the dogbones would have to be 4 1/4".

Sound reasonable...?

eh, I doubt it, that would only allow for an 1/8" hole? I know that bolt's bigger than 1/8", probably more like 1/2" space = 1" lift? that would allow for a hole about the size of the bolt

Charles stock is 4 11/16,+1 is 4 3/8.....5/16 differance.I know it's only 1/16 but it can make a big differance.

I didn't measure them before i installed mine, and a little off topic, but if you like twisties and own a busa it's a great mod for the money.....

I just measured the stock dogbones and got 4 5/8" center to center. The previous post measured 4 3/8" for a 1" raise.

Sound reasonable...?
That's probably a good approximation. There is an angular factor which needs to be considered in order to get a precise measurement but you're close enough for gubmint work.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Sound reasonable...?
That's probably a good approximation. There is an angular factor which needs to be considered in order to get a precise measurement but you're close enough for gubmint work.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
I need to recalculate with the proper stock measurement.

With the swingarm, shock, and chasis all making a weird connection there I wasn't sure.

"gubmint"
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I cranked down the collar a bit in the rear to stiffen up the suspension (Jinkster method) but I guess it would still be a 1" raise from wherever it is currently set with these right?
lurk.gif

Back