Does this work? Has anyone tested it?

Everything is 1 to 2, 1 to 2 horsepower, 1 to 2 mpgs, 1 to 2 tenths in the qtr. 1 to 2 hp will not gain you 1 to 2 tenths, snake oil..JMHO..

I wouldnt be surprised to find it does work, it certainly wouldnt hurt anything keeping the outside air insulated from the heat. But...... I cant imagine why I would pay that kind of money to insulate my airbox when I could do it myself for next to nothing.....
Roy

Correction...actually I could do it for nothing...because I just remembered I have some of that sticky insulation left over from my last corvette project.....:)

Last edited:
For less than that I can put a bike on a dyno and get 1-2 hp variance all day long without making any changes. :laugh:

What I like about this guy is how he would keep that engine revving as he explains what the foam does. What is he hiding he couldn't do a retake on the BS.

Does he mean the the balance of fuel being absorbed into the carbon on the valve? Yeah, that's a variable. Will it clean that well or will water or steam do just as well or even better and cleaner.

So, yes, semi elixir, semi facts. How fast can that carbon be knocked off by the chemical reaction? He sure does not let it activate like, are we using oven cleaner on aluminum? Bad idea!

Foamgettaboutit!

Mestona, I think the answer to your original question appears to be "no, none of us has tested it"
I am amazed by the fact that anyone would call this idea "snake oil"
Anyone who has progressed past Hot Rod 101 should have learned that cooler air=denser air=more horsepower. But I am sure you already realize that as you have taken the time to consider this as a mod.
Will insulating your box on a Busa make even 1 more HP? I dont know, I havent tested it.
Is it possible that insulating your box is just a big waste of time? Why yes it is, but I dont know I havent tested it.
Suzuki certainly took the time to put plenty of insulation under your gas tank to insulate it from the same engine heat that surrounds your airbox.
It may or may not be worthless on a Busa, but to call something "snake oil" that is rooted in such a basic engine operational concept just says to me that you need to do some more studying on how engines work. :beerchug:
Roy

Well I do understand how this stuff works (BMW master tech^) :laugh: I was only asking if it was worth $30 to buy the foil and do what this guy seems to be getting $310 for.... Being that the airbox is plastic (generally non conductive) I am skeptical of if this would give a measurable gain...:poke:

The concept is sound (lower air temp = denser air), their method to reduce the temp is what is flawed. 4 (maybe 5) years ago I insulated my airbox and measured temps (ambient, inlet, and inside the box). I tested temp during a track event and also on the street. There was no measurable improvement/gain. This was then done on a dyno with no measurable rwhp changes.

No I haven't tested their method but since my method to insulate the airbox with more advanced materials than what they're using I don't see how using their product would perform better used the same testing methods I performed. To conclude, I still say "snake oil". It's sad when people prey on others to make a buck.

Back