Does this make me old?

ditchdr

Registered
I have noticed with the help of Jessica of course, that I seem to spend most of my free time at the local hardware store. I leave work, stop by if I need something speed a few minutes talking to the guys then go do lawn work. On weekends I usualy get done with lawn work around 2 to 4 and I stop by to pick up anything i need and hang out for a hour or so.

I really enjoy the place, its a local owned Ace hardware, and everyone knows me, as well as little Jake. He enjoys it there also. I just have a vision of my self being the old guy in the corner drinking a Coke out of a glass bottle ( they have them there) telling stories about how "it use to be"

If you have to ask the question, It means you have forgotten. ( First sign )

well if its worth anything my best memories of my father were when I was a child at the hardware store with him.... if you got a few extra dollars by the boy a small hammer or a screw driver set and let him play with a piece of wood when he gets home... I always thought I was building something amazing lol... I still have that piece of wood with 100+ nails in it and 100+ screws sticking out of it lol ! :thumbsup:

It is nice to have a local hardware store to hang around, I had a friend growing up whose dad and uncle owned a local hardware store, Stembridge Hardware. Nice, nice folks, enjoyed picking up stuff and visiting with my friend. His dad and uncle were wizards in helping people figure out what they needed to complete home projects. Don't worry about being old it's called comraderie...that's why we hang out here! :thumbsup:

I have noticed with the help of Jessica of course, that I seem to spend most of my free time at the local hardware store. I leave work, stop by if I need something speed a few minutes talking to the guys then go do lawn work. On weekends I usualy get done with lawn work around 2 to 4 and I stop by to pick up anything i need and hang out for a hour or so.

I really enjoy the place, its a local owned Ace hardware, and everyone knows me, as well as little Jake. He enjoys it there also. I just have a vision of my self being the old guy in the corner drinking a Coke out of a glass bottle ( they have them there) telling stories about how "it use to be"

When you enter, does everybody, in unison, say "Norm!"

:)

It is nice to have a local hardware store to hang around, I had a friend growing up whose dad and uncle owned a local hardware store, Stembridge Hardware. Nice, nice folks, enjoyed picking up stuff and visiting with my friend. His dad and uncle were wizards in helping people figure out what they needed to complete home projects. Don't worry about being old it's called comraderie...that's why we hang out here! :thumbsup:

Agree with the comraderie. The simple things seem to be missing nowadays.
Enjoy it while its there. In a year or 2 you could be ordering parts online and sending emails back about the lack of customer service.

:thumbsup:

Everyone has that special place they can go and fraternize with friends, be it a bar or the local hardware.

There was a time in my life when i would walk in to county lock-up and all the inmates would yell...ACEHOLE!! but with the "SS's". Nice to have friends in low places...Comforting as it were.:laugh:

When you have to get up seventeen times a night to pi55 yer old.
Favourite drink at a bar,ice water with lemon yer old.
Wearing socks with flops...old as dinosaur shi7.
Busa becomes too heavy,traded in for GSXR 125...way too old.
Doc starts presciption pad with the letters Viag... old,nearly dead actually.
Refer to neighbourhood kids as "young wipper snappers"...time to get Old age security forms mailed in.
Falling asleep half way thru Letterman...even thou it started at 7...reach for the fuggin Geritol.
Talking about "The Movement" does not refer to something from the 60's,but now refers to the fact that "the ruffage" the doctor suggested is doing the trick.
Booze now lasts for days around the house...even weeks...instead of hours like before.
You now read the obits...instead of the sports section.

I could go on...but this was all BaBusa would share. :rofl:

RSD.

Back