Does the clutch switch affect the speed/rpm's on a Gen II

jons06

Registered
I recently bought a 2011 (my '06 was stolen) which had a few minor issues, all of which I corrected. I'm running shorty single brock and had the ecu flashed to eliminate speed and rpm restrictions. However, I am still having an issue when I reach around 7k rpm , the bike plateau's and I can't seem to get any more out of her. I seem to max out at about 120 - 130mph with at least half of the throttle left. I was told by 1 person that the clutch switch might be the problem, but I've found nothing on the web to support that. Please help!

I don't necessarily want to bypass the switch i dont want the extra fuel dump, just need to know if buying a new switch would possibly fix that problem

I'm gonna lean towards It sat for a few months, The old gas was mixed with new gas, I don't have a maintenance history and I'm pretty sure there was no preservative put in the gas

@Boosted Cycle Perf told us that bypassing the clutch switch causes a map change, but I don't know if it limits the rpm
You’re correct. When you bypass the switch it keeps the ecu in the neutral map. It has a lot less ignition timing killing power.

Its a normally open switch. Meaning, it doesn’t send The signal to the ecu telling it the clutch is in until the lever is pulled in.

If it failed in the closed position, you’d be able to start the bike without pulling in the clutch. That’s highly unlikely though. Usually if they fail, they don’t close, and the dead giveaway is the bike won’t start.

There’s a chance it could be the fuel pump, but more then likely the injectors are clogged. Gen 2s are the worst when it comes to letting them sit even for just a few months.

Hey folks, Thanks for your input, I haven't been on here as I went down May 2nd. All is good now, few broken bones, contusions...the usual with low speed collision. The problem ended up being the fuel pump. I changed it out, and the difference was night and day. Very responsive and she responds very we..

Hey folks, Thanks for your input, I haven't been on here as I went down May 2nd. All is good now, few broken bones, contusions...the usual with low speed collision. The problem ended up being the fuel pump. I changed it out, and the difference was night and day. Very responsive and she responds very we..
Sorry to hear about the crash,but you sound positive and up beat...good deal. Got back on the steel horse. :thumbsup:
Got yer fueling issue sorted...good to go man. :race:
Rubb.

Back