Does the Captain want a New Busa?

RaiderDm

Registered
Its been mentioned that our illustrious leader is Busaless.
Perhaps to help him with his board dilemma we the loyal board members should buy him a new one.

What do you all think?

As WWJD said, someone has to collect all this stuff and make it honest. I am volunteering as this forum is my witness. I work in finance and deal with the largest pension funds and money managers in the world. Folks with $100 billion (thats a billion...not a mistake) to invest. I would collect all donations (subject to some limitations just to keep the paperwork low) I would put them in an interest bearing account and report to the board on a weekly base (when I travel, it might be every 10 days or so.)

I will not screw the board as I have immense respect for it. I would give out my address and do whatever it takes to show folks that its all above board....and I'd be the first to donate.

Anyone game? Come on VA....the folks really dig you on this forum....stir up some interest.....

by the way....I'm in for the first $100. 100 members X 100 dollars = new busa. 200 members X $50 = new busa etc etc...you guys know the math....

It would be awesome to buy the Cap a new bike (if he so desires)

If you get enough critical mass, I will outline some of the "rules"

Love and Kisses
Babuski

I would go for it as well. Once the ball starts rolling count me in. LET'S GET THE CAPTAIN A NEW BUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly wouldn't mind contributing to the cause...this site is a bonus for us all...and captain won't charge a monthly fee...

...someone talk to him and see if he'd be up for a Busa? Don't want to cause any problems for him...

(and sorry I didn't reply babuski...I am just now catching up from all of this busa buying talk!) :)

Realizing money is harder to come by than others....here are some ways to raise a few bucks for the great cause.

1) Its winter soon...at least in much of the country....delay those mods. Donate to the cause. Powercommanders and turbos can wait a few months. Cap needs his busa and his grin back.

2) Forgo eating out for a week....you'll save lots of moola

3) Drink Dunkin Donuts coffee instead of starbucks for a months. Youll save at least $35 a month.....

4) Use reg gas instead of premium. Save about 50 cents per fill up.

5) No alcohol for two weeks....that will save big bucks and your liver will thank you.

6) get your money out of sub 1% money market funds and checking accounts.....do some shopping,....some CDs are yielding 2% for 6-12 month terms. This will double your earnings.

7) Dump those gas guzzling SUVs....save lots of coin

8) Challenge all Ninja z12s to races.. Bet $100.....easy money.

9) Do your own oil changes on the busa.

I will throw in $200 IF you can find out if he even wants one first. Anyone care to match me?? Or up the ante? He may have moved on to different things in life and I don't wanna send him a new bike only to hear it gets sold, ya know?

This is a great site and has helped many people including myself. I'd love to donate toward something really cool like this!

If we don't make the full cut, how would the money be returned? So to be so anal, but I'm sure other people are thinking like I do :)

I'm in favor of you running the collection. Great of you to volunteer you time like this. :D

Lets find out his interest level first though

$5 x 4580 members = bling bling! :laugh:

Hell, if the Cap'n doesn't want it, how bout a soon to be Lieutenant?  :tounge:

I'm just a poor college student, but if I can help out the Cap'n, count me in too!

I could be talking into contributing for a worthy cause. We all have gained a lot of free advice and know-how on this site. Time to pay the piper..... or aaaah... the cap'n.

Count me in for it. Seems like now we pretty much just need to find out if Captain wants or not

I have a thought on this...First of all I am in if that is what the CAPTAIN wants. BUT, Regardless we could always pitch in the $100 bucks, and then just send The Man a Cashier's check for the total amount of a New Busa. Then he can add a killer surround sound, fix a truck, buy a new server, whatever he feels is appropriate at the time. So Busa Equivalency...Not strictly a Busa.

OR, we can talk to the DUSTMAN, and see what the CAPTAIN really needs or what color Busa he would really like and do it that way. We also need to consider the DUSTMAN BTW, he contributes a great deal to the board without a squeak. If nothing else we should buy him some stock in Dr.Pepper...

But I am in for $100. Sent him $25 last week so no sweat.

I trust Babuski, Besides I know where he works... :D

Ok boys and girls....I will write some items here and you can digest them and make your comments. I leave for Amsterdam and London on Saturday the 11th. Lets see how many posts we get with FIRM pledges. Remember pledges don't always translate into cash so......I recently watched the largest Church in the U.S. receive pledges for $70 million dollars..to build a brand new auditorium and other items to help the community. 3 years later they still have collected only $52 million. This forum has thousands of members. I would be totally impressed if 500 people made a pledge and more impressed if they actually coughed up the dough. Perhaps the die hards will contribute substantially more and then you wouldnt need so many. But everything counts......I have experience in this and you can count yourself lucky if 80% of the pledges are actually make it to the donation stage.

1) Before this gets too far, Revonator and some others make a great point....does the Captain even want a new Busa?

2) Dustman and others that have helped with the board will have to ok this and not be offended. We could never get the money to buy multiple busas. My guess is the others that help with the site have their bikes still.

3) Let me reiterate...I will do the collecting, the banking and the reporting back to the board...FREE OF CHARGE.

4) We'd have to set a minimum donation. I will deal with hundreds of checks.....I will NOT deal with thousands of small $1.00 checks (and yes, I was a poor college student once too). I would like to see the minimum check to be at a VERY MINIMUM ---$25.00. Thats 500 donations at that level.

5) Checks only....no freaking Pay Pal....if you want pay pal, get someone else to do the leg work. We all trusted Captain and you will learn to trust me. If not, don't contribute. The last thing I want to do is screw the very people that helped me get a busa in the first place and helped me deal with such monster bike.

6) As Revalicious said, he knows where I am. I am a Director at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. I deal with "money and financial" issues basically 24/7 (yes I dream finance!!). I have written and published a book in finance too.

7) If we fell short as WWJD was asking...we could just buy the captain a Ninja 250 (ok a sick joke). Or give him the balance to put towards servers, PCs and help with the site. Or, distribute it to all the folks that help with the site. Or something....but mailing back checks to everyone would be very very difficult. There would be postage, I'd have to cut a check to every donor...you can see how much a pain in the ass it would be.

8) If a lot of donations come in...it will be lots of work...but worth it. Remember pledges and actual donations are two different things.

9) oh BTW WWJD.....I will match your $200 assuming a lot of others climb on board.

10) When I get back from Amsterdam and London, I'd like to see this thread with hundreds of comments or potential pledges. If it only has 50 or so....do the math....it probably wouldn't work. But I'm willing to give it a try. I am used to the ups and downs of the market and besides, I love this site and I love my Hayabusa.

11) All communication would take place thru this board. If WWJD sends a donation, I would note it and give a running total. The checks would be deposited in my offshore Caymen Islands account (ok another sick joke).

What sayeth you members of the mighty Hayabusa.org forum

Okay....I am proving to be a financial idiot....500 donations at $20 dollars a piece is 10k .... the $25 was a boo-boo.

Believe me, I am good with numbers and money. I was writing so darn fast and trying to talk to a trader in New York....

I have a thought on this...First of all I am in if that is what the CAPTAIN wants.  BUT, Regardless we could always pitch in the $100 bucks, and then just send The Man a Cashier's check for the total amount of a New Busa.  Then he can add a killer surround sound, fix a truck, buy a new server, whatever he feels is appropriate at the time.  So Busa Equivalency...Not strictly a Busa.

OR, we can talk to the DUSTMAN, and see what the CAPTAIN really needs or what color Busa he would really like and do it that way.  We also need to consider the DUSTMAN BTW, he contributes a great deal to the board without a squeak.  If nothing else we should buy him some stock in Dr.Pepper...  

But I am in for $100.  Sent him $25 last week so no sweat.

I trust Babuski, Besides I know where he works...  :D
Actually Rev the idea came to me while reading your post in the thread where captain was talking about throwing in the towel. You commented that Capt. doesn't even have a Busa anymore so that could be why he is losing intrest. That was a quick & dirty paraphrase of your post, intrested parties can go read the entire post.
My point is He (Capt) won't take the damn money.
But who could turn down a Busa? The reason d'etra of the board.

I didn't mean to knock Dustman, Narc, cache, yerself any any one else that helps out.

OK I have been here a long time too even though I do not post as much as I used to but I am in. I have met some very nice people on this board NE and some others at bike week. Wish we had gotten to ride more together maybe next year. So I am on for atleast 25.00 maybe more but I can do atleast that. I could not imagine being without my Baby.

Back