Does the Captain want a New Busa?

If there is someone the Forum trusts implicitly....then I will be happy to relinquish the duties (the whole deal still hinges on Captain and a few other items we haven't thought about enough)  to that person.  I'm sure there are at least 20 folks that you all know and trust and have more history around here than I.   I would not be the least offended and would still donate $100.

BTW   MSF.....I love Beautiful British Columbia and from you I'd take Canadian Dollars anyday!  I have a few hundred in my office in fact....lots of Travel to Vancouver, and other places like Lake Louise....Now thats a place to ride a bike...mountains, aquamarine water....no finer place on Earth.  And the Chateau Lake Louise is BLINGIN!

As for Babuski for a name....my wife called me busaman when she agreed to let me get a bike.  But that name was taken.  She also called me Baboo a few times....she has Ukrainian/Polish heritage too.....babusaski didnt sound good...so I went with something lame like Babuski.  Yep, I wouldn't trust a guy with that name either....

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would certainly want her to marry a guy named Monsterspeedfreak!
I'm just kiddin dude.......totally kiddin. :super: :tounge:

OH You know what? I'll bet we can work out something with the Capn's Local Suzuki dealership. A Huge freaking Gift certificate or something like that...:D

If everyone follows through, and we agree to time this around Christmas, we should all have plenty of time to come up with the pledged money and get it to Babuski...

MSF.....I knew you were kidding. I merely suggested someone else because I am so new on the board and some folks would seem reluctant to send donations to a "stranger".

Ever drive your busa to Whistler Mountain or Lake Louise?

To the rest of you great folks.....41 posts and over 300 "visits" Not bad for a 12 hour span.
Tommorrow (friday October 10), I will total your verbal committments and give you a few more things to chew on. Then, when I return from Europe we will see if we have critical mass.

By the way, earlier in this thread, I spoke of a church that had $70 million in pledges but only received $52 in cold hard cash....18 mil short! Many members of this church were Motorola and United Airlines employees....both hit hard by the tech bubble bursting and Sept 11th. They laid off workers by the TENS of THOUSANDS and Chicago was particularly hard hit (Corporate headquarters to both companies). So I'm sure the forum will understand if some can't contribute. I certainly understand. I have seen multimillinaires lose their houses, jobs...everything.

Keep up the good work folks......more on Friday.

MSF.....I knew you were kidding.  I merely suggested someone else because I am so new on the board and some folks would seem reluctant to send donations to a "stranger".

Ever drive your busa to Whistler Mountain or Lake Louise?  

To the rest of you great folks.....41 posts and over 300 "visits"  Not bad for a 12 hour span.
Tommorrow (friday October 10), I will total your verbal committments and give you a few more things to chew on. Then, when I return from Europe we will see if we have critical mass.  

By the way, earlier in this thread, I spoke of a church that had $70 million in pledges but only received $52 in cold hard cash....18 mil short!  Many members of this church were Motorola and United Airlines employees....both hit hard by the tech bubble bursting and Sept 11th.  They laid off workers by the TENS of THOUSANDS and Chicago was particularly hard hit (Corporate headquarters to both companies).  So I'm sure the forum will understand if some can't contribute.  I certainly understand.  I have seen multimillinaires lose their houses, jobs...everything.  

Keep up the good work folks......more on Friday.
Been to Whistler three times in the past couple months......absolutely awesome ride, but the trafffic can be heavy at times.......why.... you bringin yer bike up fer a scrape?? :beerchug:

Seeing that I am a poor college student with no 2 wheel transportation at all.. I'll just have to give in spirit.. and of course take a test drive if it all works out :).

I am in just let us know where to send the money. I hope the Cap will agree to this, I think he needs it for all the work he has done with the site. Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Babuski hats off to you for going to all the trouble here for Capn. I already said I was in, but as for $ amount make it a hundred.
As far if he will accept it. If asked he probably would say no, but if given, he would probably be touched and grateful. I say full speed ahead. Just my opinion.

Ok Sportsfans....

50 posts on thread
445 visits to thread
Roughly 17 members committed to a specific financial amount
Roughly 11 members committed but no specific amount

Roughly $1,900 committed so far.
Not bad for 24 hours!
We Captain is reading this thread but what is he thinking?

MSF....it is on my list of things to do in the next few years....ride the busa to Lake Louise and if possible Vancouver and Whistler. Problem is my wrists get sore after about 3 hours....hence I need to train harder! Until then its Air Canada.

The Bible teaches that the labourer is worthy of his hire, and muzzle not the ox that threaded the corn ---Not calling Captain an "ox" I'm just saying I think it would be a worthy cause and would donate

Again ladies and gentleman read the whole thread...there will not be a paypal option. Checks only. Everyone has a checking account. Not everyone has a paypal account and many don't want to even go that route.

If you go the paypal route, I will not be able to do this. I will volunteer my time (based on some conditions...not all of which have been laid out yet) and one of them is that its checks only. We still need critical mass and although this is a good start, there is a long long way to go. Many people have said they want to be counted in...but have not given an amount.

I travel 70,000 to 100,000 miles per year for business and don't have the time or the resources to mail everyones money back if this doesn't work out. So before any donations hit the mailboxes, we had better see FIRM pledges for 10,000.00 And remember yet again....pledges don't always result in donations. Refer to my Church post earlier in this thread

I'd love to help make this happen, but will only do so if I see a robust committment.....we have a good start...but its only a start. Again ladies and gentleman, try and put an amount with your committment....it will make this way easier.

Blue GSX....you have no idea what you have just done....have you read this thread at all?

Back