Does the almighty Hayabusa really suck.....

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
This much air~?~ :laugh:

I don't ever recommend working the lungs on your ride without a filter. I did one weekend at Maxton to see if I gained any performance, figuring on the track what could hurt right~?~

This was April, almost a year ago (I've run filters since then)...after the event I saw a rubber grommet missing and replaced it, thinking it just fell out at some point.

Well, if I knew where that grommet really was...:banghead:

It got sucked into the intake tube and throught the air box then lodged right over the valves. Another inch and it would have jammed in a valve or gone through to the piston.

(my buddies bike did the exact same thing, so this might be more common that one might think)

I'd be willing to bet this reduced my air flow a bit in the remaining events last year, but still feel very lucky it did not go any further~!!~

100_1849.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1846.jpg

oh man are you lucky! a grommet with a metal insert sitting just outside the chamber during mulitple events and street ridding. You were really lucky. :beerchug:

Seems you'll do even better this season with the grommet mod removed from the intake. :laugh:

Great news bro. Now your bike will run even faster than it has last year. What a unique performance gain!

Well the grommet still looks good to me. You should save it and then when somebody needs one you'll have a spare. :laugh:

Damn the good luck, glad it didnt go any farther.

I have not heard of this 'Grommet Mod' ?

Is that like 'Restrictor Plate' racing or something....:rofl:

That pic of it sitting on top like that makes me want to stop and go strip search Blanca !
Good thing you found it >
What made you look down in there like that other than curiosity and routine maint/inspec ?

New class of racing.

"Grommet Modded" to the lanes !

:rofl:

Seriously it is a good thing you found it and someone above was looking out for you.

Im worried now. I wanna look and see if anything snuck in my motor, but with my luck Id drop something in there :banghead:

Lucky. I've never really like the idea of a pulled filter cause that one in a million would be me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back