does riding with no exhaust hurt the bike

Sp33D

Registered
I know its stupid but i want to hear from you guys..

So untill i get some full sys. exhaust what do you think is riding like this harmfull for busa ?

- 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa sound without exhaust .[/url]

:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
I only run Chrome Tips on Misty with a little baffle in it, Probably not even enough of a baffle to matter, When I took it too the shop for some other reason I asked the question would it hurt the bike and was told no it would be fine. However you will loose a little HP

However a Power commander is probably a good idea because your probably going to have a backfire issue.

It probably won't hurt the bike but the real thing is that it won't help it either. I have been trying to mod the stock exhaust (I like the dual mufflers) for some time now and the bottom line is it's designed to get low noise, low emissions, and low end grunt from the motor. No way to get around that limitation. Funny thing is taking the mufflers off will probably result is significantly worse performance, not to mention pops and stuff. Yeah it's louder but it will sound like crap without a proper tune.

In the end Jerryjaw18466 is right, you best off to leave the exhaust design to competent pro's and just bolt it on:beerchug:

I just screw both exhausts down and sound is amazing for busa, here in my country busas are veeeery rare so in my life time i saw only 3 of them. So its sound great compering to gixxer k6 with yoshi.(only bike with race exhaust in my town) I will do few km to hear it roar on road and later i will put exhaust back on the bike, your advice is gold so i will follow your lead guys :thumbsup:and get full sys. soon

:bowdown::beerchug:

If you want to take the mufflers off, take the midpipes off as well. Slip some tips on the headers for looks.

ok i just ride about 50km and i can tell you only one thing is good with no exhaust.. Loud pipes save lives, in this case loud bike save lifes :laugh: now cars see/hear me and move, but except that there is slight change in rpm, but everything else even sound is catastrophic and there is to much backfire, i like it first 10min but later its boring...

i will wait a hour or two and get those stock exhaust up on the bike and wait and get me some real stuff

Back