does anyone use shinko 005 tires

I've ran a set this season. Not bad for commuting. I enjoy the price the most. you can get the best deals online. They run over 5K for me.

I have a set on now and I have no complaints. As Rock said I really enjoy the price the most cost me $200 for the set shipped to the door.
thumb_up.gif

I've never tried them but I'd be leery of them as they don't have a Z speed rating only a W. That's a maximum of 168 mph.

A cut and paste from;
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

"While a Z-speed rating still often appears in the tire size designation of these tires, such as 225/50ZR16 91W, the Z in the size signifies a maximum speed capability in excess of 149 mph, 240 km/h; the W in the service description indicates the tire's 168 mph, 270 km/h maximum speed."

I like the Metzler z6 roadtec.
thumb_up.gif

cheers
ken

I don't believe that they are as good as pilots or some others . But the ultras are great drag tires !

Running an advance 005 on the rear because of a travel incident. Not going to get great mileage on it because it won't hookup and I enjoy cranking the throttle at 20 MPH in first and letting it boil.
SHOCKED.gif

I know, I'm so mature at 47
rofl.gif

Got over 5 grand out of my first. On my second now with about 3500 on it now with no issues.

Mine lasted about 1500 miles,cant really stay off the throttle.Took mine to 180 a couple of times with no problems ,tire gets a flat spot real fast and not that great in the twisties.Hope this helps...

put 6k on my first set at 3 k already on second...cant beat the price...yes not a performance tire..but well worth the price you pay

Back