Does anyone reply on this page?

Ant Borain

Registered
I recently got a 2000 Hayabusa and have got it running but with a few problems. It cuts out (dies) regularly. I removed the airbox and tested it, the FI light is on but it runs without cutting out. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I dont have an awful lot of experience with diagnosing these machines...is there a way of pulling what the FI code is? Can you possibly explain in a little more detail what happens when it "dies out"? does it cough, sputter and die, or is it all at once? Any other odd symptoms; loss of power/surging/sputtering/etc? Let us know and we'll do what we can to help!

Contact Goldenchild , he can tell you how to get the code to come up . All i remeber is that you use a wire and touch two spots together in the rear. Then there is a code list on the board . sounds like maybe fuel injectors but could be alot of different things.

If the light it only on when the airbox it off then it could be the sensor unhooked causeing the light to come on. If it has a power commander could be the wrong map or the wrong pc all together that someone tried to make work (seen it before....not pretty). We need more info.

1. How is it dieing
2. Where did the bike come from.....history was it a wreck?
3. What have you checked>
4. Have you traced the wiring
5. Has it been setting and for how long? Could be bad gas

The list can go on, but if you can answer these we can probably point you to the right area.

Plugs ? Look at the fuel filter / fuel pump. You need to pull the code(s). Instead of pulling the airbox, you should have just inspected the filter.

PS: Pick better titles for your threads may get more eyes to view them :poke: I just happen to be nosy :laugh:

:welcome:[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why the thread was titled the way it was too.

Yeah if you want help all you have to do is ask. There is a bunch of good guys on here with a ton of knowledge that freely give advice and support. But with a title like this you may have pushed them away. Next time you need help how about using the title "hey guys can you help me?" :whistle:

Back