does anyone know?

notman

Never Forgotten
how to repair carbon fiber?
i just found two cracks on my fender at the back,each side not sure how it happened but anyway...........
heard something about two part epoxy for the repair but not 100% sure..........any input?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

Dont know how to repair but if your bike is lowered in the front you might be bottoming out and that may have caused the cracks... I would go with the Epoxy route to fix it unless someone has a better idea. I'd take the fender off and apply the epoxy from the inside so that it couldnt be seen. Hope this helps!

I do. You need the 2 part resin and catalyist.....plus the fiber material if its bad enough. A mixing cup, and a heat lamp......

Its not hard but you at least need to see it done once before you do it......

Do it like you would fiberglass angle the crack. How bad is it.If you would like I could send you some stuff we use at work on small areas

Yeah all depends on how the crack is. Epoxy would work from underneth but I would suggest using a small strip of fiber glass mat and some resin underneth that way it will be nice and strong

I have no idea, but I would call someone who deals with and makes carbon fiber parts they should know. I know it's similar to fiberglass.

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 07 2006,16:02) I do.  You need the 2 part resin and catalyist.....plus the fiber material if its bad enough.  A mixing cup, and a heat lamp......

Its not hard but you at least need to see it done once before you do it......
yep this is the way to do it two part epoxy and mesh grind down outside the crack, if you can manage it both sides really reinforces it well,

just go to an autobody paint & supply store they'll tell you what you need and can get it for you
wink.gif

Back