Does anyone know where that thread is

jbusa

Registered
Does anyone know where that thread is about frame sliders install. I can't figure out how to find it. Any help here would be great.
Thanks
Kelly

Don't remember where I saw 'um....I think the Rythm-nator might have it. Lemme see what I can work.

1) take off fairings

2) take off engine mount bolts and replace with slider bolts. Do this one at a time...you don't need the engine to move outta place.

3) Once slider bolts are in place, take fairings and try to press them back into place. You can use the foam on the inside of the throttle side fairing to mark where the bolt sits. On the clutch side, you're going to need some putty. For the clutch side, put some putty behind the fairing. Do your best to put it where the engine pinch bolt will be located (that's the bracket on the underside of the frame, facing the ground).

4) try to put the fairings back on to their original location. What you should end up with is an impression in the foam on the throttle side and an impression on the putty on the clutch side.

5) Once this is done, use masking tape and cover the opposite side of the fairing. You're gonna need to do this to ensure that your paint doesn't chip when the saw penetrates. Take the hole saw and use the tip to make a small hole in the center of the marks on the foam and the putty. Now remember, do this from the engine side (or inside) of the fairings. You don't wanna do it on the outside...your drill may slip. Just be calm and take your time.

6) Now that the pilot hole is made, slowly work the hole saw. Don't rush it, or you may end up melting a part of the fairing. If you get a strong burning smell, back off and let it cool. Then proceed, but this time go slower.

7) Continue to drill until you penetrate the fairing. Remember, keep a steady and straight hand. The edges may be a little rough, but you can always sand it smooth.

8) Remove one slider bolt and replace with engine bolt. Assemble slider, remove engine bolt and replace with slider assembly. Repeat on other side.

***Now remember, one slider is supposed to be longer than the other. The throttle side will be longer than the clutch side, so keep this in mind when putting on sliders.

9) Put fairings back on and secure.

10) Stand back and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

11) Take the prerequisite photos for the board.

****Always remember to check the tightness of the slider bolts. You can apply a small amount of loc-tite, but always make it a habit to double check.

Presto...you're done!  Does this help?

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118342105 -->

I got you, I didn't think that anyone would look at the old question, so I posted a new one. Thanks for all of your help on this.
Kelly

no probs...take your time and have fun.
cool.gif

it's not all that bad unless you're all thumbs with two left feet. You'll be fine.

Yeah, even I was able to do it! You shouldn't have any problems if you just take your time. Measure twice, cut once and all that stuff!

Back