Does anyone know what this screw on a steering damper does?

TNTom

Registered
Does anyone know what this screw on a steering damper does? It just turns and turns. There is a "F" and an arrow pointing to it on mine. Which of course meant I should Fiddle with it.

s-l500.jpg

I don't know. I've searched the internet, and found it all over the place for sale, but no one mentions a brand name. It was on my used gsxr600 track bike when i bought it. The bolt holding it to the frame fell out, and i replaced it. Then the two bolts holding the cylinder in place got loose and it got in a bind. I fixed that tonight, but then went a little further and decided to check that bolt. It turns easily and doesn't stop.

By the way, I would have posted this to a gsxr board if i were on one. This is the only board I'm on:) Plus, according to my research, the Busa and gsxr's use the same dampners.

Never seen it before, here or on Gixxer.com
No idea

Thanks for replying. I may find out what the screw does tomorrow. I'm going to the track. I've turned it countless times clockwise and didn't undo it. Before i figured out that the damper had come loose, I thought the track had become incredibly rough. Then when the cylinder came loose and it moved too far, i could barely turn the bars. So, I'm keenly aware of how much impact that little b*$#ard has the feel of the bike.

It looks like it might be a BJMoto or a Motoo, <$60, at least that's kind of what I get use google image. But then it looks like a HyperPro...

Back