Does anyone know how to disassemble these joints?

Falkonworks

Registered
Hey all, does anyone have any advice for disassembling one of these ball joint swivels that are used for the shift rods? I am doing some paint work and I would really like to completely disassemble the lever but I can’t figure out how to get the retaining clip out.

LmElgH6.jpg

2kv6IsV.jpg

I don't think they come apart without ruining them. Could be wrong thou.
Why not just tape and paint? Paint wont stick to that ball anyway.
Rubb.

I mean yeah I can do that and it’s what I’m considering doing but I’m OCD and want everything redone so I was going to go as far as coating the outer joint as well. I’m not worried about painting the ball itself but if I can make the joint nicer too, I’d like to. Also, I’m doing cerakote and these have to sit in acetone before costing and baking so I wanted to reduce the chance of any grease flaking and setting on the part before coating.

Hey all, does anyone have any advice for disassembling one of these ball joint swivels that are used for the shift rods? I am doing some paint work and I would really like to completely disassemble the lever but I can’t figure out how to get the retaining clip out.

View attachment 1620950

View attachment 1620951

I (think) the retaining clips are one use only and the joints are heated and pressed together. A machine shop tech should know for sure and might be able to rebuild them.

I mean yeah I can do that and it’s what I’m considering doing but I’m OCD and want everything redone so I was going to go as far as coating the outer joint as well. I’m not worried about painting the ball itself but if I can make the joint nicer too, I’d like to. Also, I’m doing cerakote and these have to sit in acetone before costing and baking so I wanted to reduce the chance of any grease flaking and setting on the part before coating.
Okee Dokee. :thumbsup:
OCD is a beotch.
Rubb.

Back