Does anyone have any pics of a gps mounted on a busa

Nuvi 500 mounted using a Garmin cradle and RAM stem mount with short arm. I also hard wired the Garmin motorcycle power cord to my ignition and tucked it neatly under the body work. Only comes out when I need it otherwise it's tucked behind everything. The battery runs about 8hrs on a charge so I don't use the power wire much. The GPS is nice, ok to use in rain and vibration rated, helps me find all kinds of back roads!
Pics - GPS, Ram mount, Power cord

gps.jpg

ram.jpg

power.jpg

Last edited:
gpscity.com carries every ram mount made I think.....TONS.....
Depending on the GPS you get, you'll need a cradle, short arm and stem mount - all of which they should have. I only got my cradle directly from Garmin because I had a coupon that made the motorcycle power wire and cradle dirt cheap. The rest of it however I got from gpscity.com

Last edited:
yes i already have a garmin just gotta check the model. How short of an arm do you think?

Last edited:
is there a specific model out there that tends to be better or worse for a GPS on the bike?
Preferably one that's rated for water and vibration since the bike will likely see both at some point in time. Garmin makes the Zumo and some Nuvi's for motorcycles. A lot of guys like the Zumo but I preferred the slimmer looks of the Nuvi and have never had a problem navigating with gloved hands so the Zumo selling points were moot to me. I also didn't want or need the XM feature of the high end Zumo model. My wife got it for me for a little over $250 at the time (Black Friday promo 2 yrs ago), might be cheaper now. Mine is the Nuvi 500 - the lower end Nuvi's are not rated for vibration and certainly not water. The 500 also comes with a monster battery, rated for 8+ hours on a charge and it gets every bit of it for me before the low battery warning pops up. Lower end ones might get you 1-2 hours before they need charging.

So if I order a stem mount, cradle, and short arm i should be all set to go?
Yep! For power you can add a Powerlet adapter or just wire a car charger port into the bike and use the car charger the GPS came with rather than buying the hard wire kit. The 3 parts you mentioned will get it mounted correctly and safely!

The Zumo 660 comes with the hardware for handlebar mounting which included a RAM Mount Short Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U-A. All I had to buy separate is the Motorcycle Fork Stem Base with 1 inch Ball RAM-B342U, I got it from gpscity.com.

As far as what's better or worse, like all gadgets it really depends on what you're looking to get out of it and how much you can spring for.

From Garmin the Zumos are the best and made for bikes, waterproof, route planning and recording, bluetooth, MP3 and/or XM radio. You really have to check them out to truly appreciate how the software and maps work.

i quickly hardwired my gps today for a ride to missoula. just suction cupped it to the inside of the windshield. it's not an ideal location, and i wouldn't keep it there permanently, but it worked really well. remember to lick the suction cup before you stick it on there, and clean the windshield too. already uninstalled it, so i can't really take pix right now.

johnny, dont know if you bought one yet, but here's mine:

home-made....perfect
If you have access to a welder and some bar stock, its easy. I did have to get a 2nd mount and cradle off ebay for $27 and cut it apart. And the hard wiring kit was another $7.

But next to HIDs, its the best mod I've done.

I'll post pics & instructions if anyones interested...

Grand Canyon 049.jpg

I run a TomTom One, 130. Great unit, but you cannot plan trips very well like other units. I used Ram mounts. You will need the stem, the short arm, the cradle, and the cradle bracket.

January 003.jpg

Eureka 09 003.jpg

I run one of the above mentioned low end units.. Nuvi 205w hard wired on the Busa sits on a Tech mount stem stand.. Zero issues with the unit.. Also use the same unit in our Semi and Car.. Lots of miles and lots of states again zero issues, great unit and can be bought all day long now for just over a hundred bucks..

Here's a pic of my setup..

2000 Low Budget Busa 051 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a Techmount handlebar mount. Had it on my Dyna, just got a smaller clamp for the Busa bars. I used the 3M Velcro like they use on the EZ-Pass.

IMG_0357.jpg

Back