Does anyone have a good explanation (or piccy) of which wires to jump

Danger,

It is a 2 connector plug. Located on left side, either by accessing front/rear seat. The plug has 4 openings, only two wires. Jump the two wires together.

Dave

Just to be a little more specific, it is under the rear seat/cowl on the left hand side if you are sitting on the bike. It is a white connector with a black rubber cap on it. Take a paper clip and bend it into a horseshoe and wrap some electrical tape around all but the bottom 1/4" ends and plug that into the white connector.

Just don't let it touch the frame....I used a piece of Co-axial Cable (TV stuff) about 6 inches long, stripped 1/2 inch either end, then bent it into a loop. works a treat nad fits neatly into tool pouch under seat incase the need arises for malfunction code retrieval!!

Just a handy helpful hint from NumbNuts!!

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

I CROSSED THE TWO WIRES OVER AND MY DISPLAY READ C00 AND THE MINUS SIGN WAS ON THE TOP SIDE (TO THE LEFT) OF THE C. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

Busagsx,
Not good at explaining things but will give it a shot. Remove 2 allen head bolts holding front seat down and remove seat. Remove 2 allen bolts holding front of tank down and raise front of tank. Hold tank up with prop rod stored in tail section. TPS is on left end of throttle bodie assy as you are sitting on bike. It's a small round switch with a couple wires and a couple really small screws holding it in place. The screws are not allen heads, but star heads. I think they are T-20 or T-25 size but don't remember and to lazy to go out and raise my tank right now! You can get the tool at most auto stores or electronic shops. Got mine at Autozone for couple bucks. They are special in that you need the tool with a hole in the center. You'll see why when you look at screws. Start bike with plug jumpered and adjust idle which should be OK. I think book calls for 1150 rpm? Loosen the switchs hold down screws just enough where you can turn switch. Turn switch whichever way you need to bring minus sign to center position. Switch was very touchy and a little bit went a looong way! Mine moved while I was tightening the screws back down. After you get TPS adjusted, check idle and put it all back together. Then ride & enjoy! Hope this helps you out till you get a shop manual. Jack.

DangerMouse

How's Penfold??????
ha ha :)

I have a workshop manual if you need help, I don't think I am too far from you....
I could always e-mail you the appropriate page.

Try Robinsons Foundry, they got me a manual next day delivery!!! for £42 inc. P&P
(ad in mc mags under Suzuki manuals funnily enough!!!!!)

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

Thanks Numbs!,
Last time I tried to source a manual I could only get one from the US.

I'll order one from the place you mentioned!

Where are you roughly? I'm in Enfield.

Steve.

I'm in between Bedford & Luton on M1, A6, area. Enfield, isn't that somewhere close to Scotland??? :) :)

Good Luck with the manual
Stay Safe

NumbNuts

My TPS is spot on, still got terrible stumble, having a custom PCII a map made on Saturday, hope that cures it.

(That's if I can find my PCII! I took it off, moved house and can't remember where I put the thing! - bugger!)

Haven't checked tb sync - could be the culprit.

Back