Does anybody run the Brocks MegaCone?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I am interested in purchasing the Brocks system but really want to know about the MegaCone as opposed to the Gen 3 system...  Does anybody have it or have heard or seen it etc...

Info from their site..

*Street Megaphone Exhaust System-Hayabusa (99-06)
SKU: S13-SMEG

The result is race proven performance with a one of a kind drag race look…. without the inherent drawbacks of a sidewinder. There is no reduced right hand cornering clearance or rear brake lever to pipe clearance issues. NO fairing modifications are required and the stock oil cooler and lines remain intact. The Brock’s Performance Brick can also be used!

The Street Megaphone© System has a more aggressive sound than our Generation 3 StreetSmart© System, but it still acceptable for street use with the baffle installed. By removing the billet aluminum baffle, the user can unleash a race only sound which mimics the booming tone of an NHRA Prostock machine!

The front section (from the engine to the Muffler) is constructed of an aerospace quality ultra-light stainless steel. The Street Megaphone package comes with a Race Megaphone with REMOVABLE billet Aluminum baffle. The total system weight is just over 8lbs.

Brocks Performance Products announces their Street Megaphone Exhaust package for the 1999-2006 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. Not just an off-the-shelf pipe, these systems are complete performance upgrade packages specifically designed for "serious stock" and Large CC or heavily modified Busa. The larger and more powerful your engine is…. the better this system functions! BUT…stock engines LOVE this system also, with power levels which rival even our Generation 3 system! Included are specially-designed lightweight stainless steel header pipes joining to a full race megaphone, complete instructions detailing horsepower-freeing air box modifications which retain the stock air filter for maximum engine longevity, pipe installation instructions and a floppy disk containing maps for use in conjunction with the Dynojet Power Commander for your year machine or the Brock’s Performance/ BPD ECU. (Power Commander and/or BPD ECU not included).

The Street Megaphone System is a joint effort between Brock Davidson Enterprises and Hindle Manufacturing of Canada. This partnership combines Hindle's renowned handcrafted quality with Davidson's 20 years of Sportbike drag racing experience. Davidson personally designed and hand-tuned the system specifically for the Hayabusa street bike owner who frequents the drag strip or is particularly interested in arm-straightening acceleration from a dead stop or slow roll and wants to make sure they have the fastest bike out there.

Special Note: All Brock's Performance by Hindle exhaust systems are produced exclusively for Brock’s Performance Products (not be confused with any other exhaust system on the market- including the Hindle product line) and are ***ONLY*** available directly through Brock’s Performance or one of our authorized dealers: http://www.brockracing.com/DEALERS.htm

The Street Megaphone Package Includes:

Detailed exhaust system installation instructions
Suggested air box modification instructions
Dynojet Power Commander TRACK maps (These allow the bike to accelerate harder in the real world!) for your specific application. Brock’s/BPD ECU maps available also.
Dyno maps are available upon request...if impressing your buddies is important to you.
Brock’s Performance Technical Assistance & Custom baseline maps for modified engine applications.
StreetSmart Owners Section access: it is FREE with Your Street Megaphone purchase. This area in the Brock's Performance Information Section (Private): http://www.brockracing.com/forum/default.asp exists for a single reason....To help YOU make your bike (and yourself!) as fast as possible. If we learn a new trick or technique (which technology allows us to do frequently)...it doesn't do us any good to keep it to ourselves. We want you to be FASTER than anyone you race who does not have a Brock’s Performance System. We also don't want you to follow a path to poor performance by following the advice of others who might not know as much as us... Sales pitches...know it all friends...internet yammering...what ever! If something works, we tell you. If it doesn't work...we tell you that also. It is not about money for us. We know what we sell works as good as Brock personally knows how to make it work! We also know that one poor product or idea added to our known good combination can make OUR products (and YOU!) look bad!
Brocks Exhaust

OUR PRICE:  $1,045.00

*Generation 3 StreetSmart Exaust System-Hayabusa (99-06)
SKU: S13-GEN3-T

**Polished Titanium Muffler Option shown.**

2005 update information available here:
http://www.brockracing.com/daveowen.htm

Listen to the Generation 3 StreetSmart System!Click here

Designed for increased horsepower and real world acceleration gains in both stock and especially larger displacement and/or Nitrous Oxide aided applications.

The front section (from the engine to the Muffler) is constructed of an aerospace quality ultra-light stainless steel. The Standard StreetSmart package comes with a 20 inch long Titanium Oval Race Muffler. The total system weight is just over 8lbs.

Brocks Performance Products announces their GENERATION 3 StreetSmart Exhaust package for the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (99-06). Not just an off-the-shelf pipe, these systems are complete performance upgrade packages specifically designed for "serious stock" and Large CC or heavily modified Busa. Included are specially-designed lightweight stainless steel headers and 20' oval Titanium canister (Carbon Fiber Option -shown-is also available), complete instructions detailing horsepower-freeing air box modifications which retain the stock air filter for maximum engine longevity, pipe installation instructions and a floppy disk containing maps for use in conjunction with the Dynojet Power Commander PC-II or PC-IIIR or PCIII USB (units vary by year) Hayabusa's (Power Commander, not included).

The StreetSmart system is a joint effort between Brock Davidson Enterprises and Hindle Manufacturing of Canada. This partnership combines Hindle's renowned handcrafted quality with Davidson's 20 years of Sportbike drag racing experience. Davidson personally designed and hand-tuned the system specifically for the Hayabusa street bike owner who frequents the drag strip or is particularly interested in arm-straightening acceleration from a dead stop or slow roll and wants to make sure they have the fastest bike out there.

Includes:

Detailed exhaust system installation instructions
Suggested air box modification instructions
Dynojet Power Commander TRACK maps (These allow the bike to accelerate harder in the real world!) for your specific application
Dyno maps are available upon request...if impressing your buddies is important to you.
Brock's Performance Technical Assistance & Custom baseline maps for modified engine applications
(Private) StreetSmart Owners Section:...it is FREE with Your StreetSmart purchase. This area in the Brock's Performance Information Forum: http://www.brockracing.com/forum/default.asp exists for a single reason....To help YOU make your bike (and yourself!) as fast as possible. If we learn a new trick or technique (which technology allows us to do frequently)...it doesn't do us any good to keep it to ourselves. We want you to be FASTER than anyone you race who does not have a StreetSmart System. We also don't want you to follow a path to poor performance by following the advice of others who might not know as much as us... Sales pitches...know it all friends...internet yammering...what ever! If something works, we tell you. If it doesn't work...we tell you that also. It is not about money for us. We know what we sell works as good as Brock personally knows how to make it work! We also know that one poor product or idea added to our known good combination can make OUR products look bad! Brocks Exhaust

PRICE:  $1,045.00

I'll likely buy the whole package with the PC3, their map, and Block offs...

Yes, I know those prices don't include the extra parts and I'll still have to get it "custom" mapped.

Thoughts please

Exhaust.jpg

i have the g3 carbon can and really like it. but i will be changing it to the megaphone this winter. on of the guys i ride with has one of the new ti cans and the outlett is bigger and has a deeper exhaust note to it.
the street megaphone sounds awesome.
performance wise u wont see a difference. either one is a good choice. zay

The hearers are the same, the sound is awesome, I personally don't like the look, but that's just me. Did I mention the sound is awesome?

Hey BLU88 are you running "their" map or did you have one done or tweak theirs? I know the DYNO numbers bounce all over creation depending on the shop, tuner, bike, time of day, mood of the guy running it etc... but what did you wind up with for numbers and did you baseline your bike at the same place?

These were my baseline numbers with only a slight mod to my stock cans... I have been using the same guy for my last three bikes.

Best run was 164.11HP and 100.17 ft lbs. this was a 4th gear pull.

Thanx

Back