Does a gel seat "break in"

Fredyp33

Registered
For those who either have a gel seat, or know about them; does it ever "break in"? I just got a suzuki gel seat for my 2006, and by being compressed by my hand, it feels cushiony; but when on the bike and riding down the road, it feels like a brick. Anybody else experience this or have some insight?

If it makes any difference, in 6 ft tall and 170 lbs. So kind of a lightweight compared to some busa riders!

I had one, they're supposed too, but I broke first:laugh: I bought a Corbin, it took quite a while to break in too. I weigh 175lbs.

I been thinking on changing the seat but when I research the jel seat I hear people complainig and that they like the stock better.

I'm 240 lbs and have the gel seat. I've had it for just over a year and I'm seriously considering removing it. It never broke in, it gets hot during the summer and I haven't noticed a difference.

The good point, it looks great! black/silver where the silver lines up with the frame. Very pretty.

I tried the gel also. It has its fans, but I'm not one of them. Went to Tobin for a couple years and then oddly enough back at the stock setup which is more rounded and better for the twisties. It's good for 450 miles days, but that's the limit of the stock for me.

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

I tried a gel for 3 weeks. Im about 200lbs, It was solid as a brick the whole time. Ive got a New Image seat now and love it

Mine is pretty stiff, but they do look good~!~

On a 400 mile day though, my rear end seems to hurt less than the others...on the other side of things, I rode on my race seat today with no padding at all except the leathers

Just fitted mine today, yup looks awsum and is much more comfortable than the stock one, but I am only 6" and around 89kg. Only done 200miles today and all was groovy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back