Dodge Tomahawk

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Know this has been talked about before, but...

I had my first look today on one of the websites... That thing looks like a futuristic garbage collector or something I think :thumbsup: For God's sake, it has 4 wheels and doesn't look like it will turn worth a crap.

Guess I was expecting something that looked like a bike and not just a machine with handle bars on top. :D

They say it has a "theoretical" top speed of 400MPH and 0-60 in 2.5. Somehow I find it hard to beleive that that contraption could actually go anywhere close to that speed. (They must not have calculated wind resistance)

Anyway... After seeing it, I would say the viper probably weighs less then it does. Maybe it just looked overly big in the pictures...

Cloud

Has anyone seen this thing turn?
I saw the bike on a TV show once, and the guy started it and revved the engine and the whole bike torqued to one side.
I think you could ride it in a straight line pretty well if you don't give it too much gas, but I want to see someone ride it like a motorcycle.

Has anyone seen this thing turn?
I saw the bike on a TV show once, and the guy started it and revved the engine and the whole bike torqued to one side.
I think you could ride it in a straight line pretty well if you don't give it too much gas, but I want to see someone ride it like a motorcycle.
The "torque to one side" should not be much of a deal. All of the BMW twins do it as do Guzzis. Still, it just looks like a big P.O.S. overblown by a marketing department. Wouldn't want one even if I had Bill Gates' money.

Wind resistance can be overcome with sheer horsepower but I would bet a large part of my 401K that there is now way in hell that thing would go 400MPH, nor would it do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds (at least not with those tires).

And try to take a turn at faster than a crawl, I dare ya! What a POS, IMHO. Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box but this is sheer PR crap and anyone with common sense can see that by looking at it.

Hey wouldn't it be cool if they put that kick-azz engine in a really cool sports car (duhhhhh) oh yeah they do, it's called a VIPER. (....Dodge retards).

agreed... All I know is we have people like the cheeseman that are sporting 490HP to the rear wheel (correct me if I am wrong) and they are having problems making it to 260 let alone 300 or even 400 MPH and that is with an aerodynamic design.

Let's remember that the viper engine is 500 HP at the crank with 500 lbs of torque.

Don't add up to me...

Geez that is a lot of torque. How would you keep that much torque from flipping the bike anyhow? Still not goona go 400MPH, no way, no how.

Coll so we all agree, Dodge should stick to cars.....Now BMW, here's another odd bunch... Looks like they get done building the cars...get liquered up and start designing bikes.... :D

I'm with you Rev... I had some badass beamer cars, but their sportbikes lack something to be desired for sure...

I saw a report that they have never driven it over 45mph. The thing in fact can't do a low speed turn it was dropped on its side by the guy that was riding it. Then he could not pick it back up. It did do a 35 foot burn out in the lab where thay built the thing. In a nut shell everyone likes one off things like this and it was built for show, and is about as easy to drive as one of the Zinger cars built for show back in the 70s. As for the top speed throw it out of an airplane high enough from the ground and it could reach that top speed. Think of it guys like this how would you like to own something that you could never back up your public statement it could do 400mph. I would hang my head and kick my self in the a$$ for making such a dumb statement.... People will be looking for you to show you can.. Better to own a Busa that can do true 190s and with work and cash over 200mph. We never have to say it should go that speed we know it can!!!! :thumbsup:

It did do what Dodge intended it to do though.... generate some marketing possiblities for Dodge and that it did very well. Even my bro. who doesn't know jack or care to know jack about bikes has heard of this thing...

Cloud

Let me ride it... just once.

I would give a grand just to see the look on the guys face as I pull the nose up in third... :vader:

Back