DODGE is crap!

No doubt Toyotay kicks a$$. I had two. A corolla given to me and a truck bought for $200 dollars. Both had over 300,000 miles. Truck had lost 5th gear but everything else was original and did not need anything (body was rotten). I sold it close to 400,000 miles and was still running. Think I got $300 dollars for it. The Corolla and truck are still putting around my home town. I have seen them both. The Corolla was well over 400,000 miles.

(bitabur @ Oct. 17 2006,03:24) The reason the ford F-series is the best selling truck in the US is because they have a contract with the biggest truck buyer in the US: Kiewit construction.  A friend of mine works for them... ford sells them new trucks for ~7000.  They use them for 2-3 years and then resell them for more than they paid originally. (Now don't you feel like you're getting ripped off @ 30k+?  Granted these trucks are totally base models).

If Kiewit switched to chrysler or gm, they would suddenly have the best selling truck...

I've heard a lot more bad experiences with ford's than I have from gm or chrysler vehicles.  My dad was a salesman for all of them at one time or another, and we've had some of each.  We have 4 chrysler vehicles right now with between 85-150k miles on them, none of which has ever had an engine, tranny, diff, or any other major component replaced.

But then again, I know of 1980's toyota pickups that commonly run over 400k.  I heard a rumor years back that toyota was trying to buy them back so they could figure out what made those trucks so bulletproof.  Anyone seen the top gear episode where they tried (unsuccessfully) to destroy one?  Quite an amusing episode.

Ok, i found it for you:
part1:

part2:
Exactly...

Highest in number of sales does not mean highest in quality.

I've owned a Dodge truck, a lebarron and a pontiac GA before I got my camry. I never knew a car was not supposed to break down frequently.

Japs build better cars and trucks, they just have a different way of going about it. Not proud of it, just the way it is right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my second Dodge Ram 1500. 45,000 on the first one with zero problems. Both are Hemi's and 4 wheel drive. Virtually no problems at all.

I never considered getting a Chevy truck till i bought mine. To me, GM trucks were over priced and what i really wanted was a Nissan Titan. Try and find a 2wd Titan. I'm starting to think they don't exist.  Anyways, gas mileage kept me away from the Titan and pretty much any Dodge or Ford.  I looked at Ford's, the F250's and 350's are good looking but the 150's are ugly as hell. The Dodge's were fine but i couldn't get a good price anywhere.  
I ended up driving home my 06' Silverado RSR 2wd.  350hp & 24mpg. Life is good.
I'm not a Chevy guy, but they make a nice truck.

i like my 04 Ford,

TRUCK1.jpg

Back