Doc's NEW BIKE!

Hi Doc,

Still am a member of the VFR club ( having owned two 800s) and more than a few in the Club changed to the GS. On my first long trip on the Busa way up in the North Yorkshire Dales, I followed one for about 40 miles on very basic tarmac roads. The cornering capabilities of the GS are something to behold, very "planted"

The only real problems I've heard of are the "agricultural" nature of the engine, a nice way of saying it's well past it's sell by date!!!! Apart from that it's just bog ugly.

And why didn't you wait for the 1200 which is reputedly a much better bike in every detail!!??

Oh well, it's still great bike......... for older owners ( I'm still too young at 58)

Hope you enjoy.
cheers
Delboybusa
Beauty is the eye of the beholder! In fact, I have received more compliments on the Beamer than I get on my $20k turbo busa... As far as the 1200, of course I wanted that bike, but for $8k less, I took the '04. Also, I find it risky to get the first production year of a radical change. I figure I will wait a year or two and get the 1200... You are right on the handling! I saw, with my own eyes, a guy at the Rock Store on a GS (not adventure) whoop ass on Nick Slick (and the rest of us) on Busas. Sure, in the straights Nick could start to reel him in, but in the corners, the GS blew the chicken strips off the Busa. Don't believe... ask Nick or Big O...

Doc, you know you have a sickness right?? Your gona have to buy a new house with a bigger garage just to keep the bikes in. All I can say is, I wish I had that many toy in my toybox, you lucky bastard!!!!

Cant wait to see it in person.

Enjoy and be safe.

Josh

Doc, you know you have a sickness right?? Your gona have to buy a new house with a bigger garage just to keep the bikes in. All I can say is, I wish I had that many toy in my toybox, you lucky bastard!!!!

Cant wait to see it in person.

Enjoy and be safe.

Josh
Hey Josh, are you married yet?

Note that I have a posse of bikes, and not much else. It's all about priorities amigo... I wish I could afford a beastly truck like you have!

So get your ass our here and you can ride the Beamer!

yep, im a married man now brother!! you can bet your ass ill be in vages soon! i cant wait to ride that swiss army knife of a bike!! By the way, for the price of your HD you could have a truck like mine.

yep, im a married man now brother!! you can bet your ass ill be in vages soon! i cant wait to ride that swiss army knife of a bike!! By the way, for the price of your HD you could have a truck like mine.
Definitely look me up... hey that Hog is on eBay RIGHT NOW! Not doing too hot though. Don't get too upset, but I sold the Vmax. I never got to title it, but a local wanted it bad, paid cash, and it is gone.

Later

Nice bike Doc.
wink.gif

Thanks again guys. I have been riding it a LOT lately, every day to work (even in the 108 degree heat). It is a nice machine, but no Busa. The one thing that clearly rulez is the anti-lock linked brakes... all I can say is DAAAAHHHHHM!!!!! On the Busa I have EBC high-ferous rotors, EBC HH pads, and braided lines but it can not come close to the stopping power of this Beamer... acceleration however, is a much different story.

I got the turbo bike back this week, but it is still a bit apart. Hopefully I will be back in the saddle this weekend.

Hi Doc,
Well I did say that the engine was "agricultural"!!!!

I've had linked brakes on two VFR800s and have had no real problems with them although they are not to everyone's taste.

Just got back from a weekend in Belgium, riding the Ardennes Forest and also got to Spa/Francorchamps just to have a look at the maddest/baddest bit of circuit anywhere in the world i.e. Eau Rouge.

It seems that there are no traffic cops around the back roads and the only two we saw all weekend were totally disinterested in us. We did stick to speed limits in the towns villages but outside, well it was open season! The twisties were brilliant, no rain the whole weekend and it meant you could hammer it into the corners on shaded roads.

The Busa's brakes took everything I did without compliant but I may put on braided hoses on the front.

Looks as though we will be in Sin City towards end November, staying at our second home, Palace Station. May catch up with you then? This is a reccy for our daughter's wedding at Caesars Palace next year.

cheers
Delboybusa

Good to hear from you again. Certainly look me up when you are in Vegas. I get to meet many members this way!

Cheers,

Doc

I like it Doc... I have had the same thing in mind since I got the busa...
wow.gif

Not that I am attemtping to replace my bike, but there sure are a lot of dirt roads in the mountains I would love to try, but can't with the Bus.

Back