Doc's NEW BIKE!

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Still got the Turd-blo Busa, soon to be done... But I was tired of not having a bike for long/fun trips. Last year's trip to Cabo San Lucas and back on my KTM made me itch for even more adventure riding/touring... so I got this...

members.cox.net images missing

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Busa and there is no comparison... however, the BMW can take me a lot of places the Busa would never reach, and it MUCH more comfort! Like here...

members.cox.net images missing

I have already put 1600 miles on it in less than a week. What a terrific ride. You want a "do-it-all" bike to augment the Busa, take a look at BMW.

Cheers,

Doc

nice bike Doc, couple of guys at the office ride that same bike, one guy even has the same luggage
smile.gif
. I'm just tooooo vertically challenged to even try to stand over it
laugh.gif

nice bike Doc, couple of guys at the office ride that same bike, one guy even has the same luggage
smile.gif
.  I'm just tooooo vertically challenged to even try to stand over it
laugh.gif
You got me there. This thing is TALL and it is heavy. With thick soled boots, I am still on my toes... I am thinking of going to a lower saddle and lower profile tires to help...

yeah the dude in my building is 6'10", he can stand over it with the center stand down.
biggrin.gif

I think the other guys have lowered theirs somehow, but I still can't stand over it
blush.gif

Nice bike Doc.

i have been looking at that bike for some time now and i just may have to go with it.

Nice go'n there Doc, look like you ventured out to the beautiful plateau and orange sand dunes in Utah , keep rockn .

Very Nice DOC, But Damn, I was thinking a 650 Dakkar but as usual, look slike you had to go the distance... Very Cool. It does make a lot of sense out in Nevada as well, all sorts of places to roam with that thing... But hell yeah those are tall bikes, 6'1" and I couldn't get my feet flat... Enjoy that thing man!!!

I mean, Don't get me wrong Bro, Still Mud Fence Ugly, But very cool....

Very nice ride doc.. looks uber comfortable. Let us know when you hit the 100,000 mile BMW club! (which should be next year if you keep up the iron-butting adventures of last week!)

Thanks guys, I think it is going to be a lot of fun! I am already talking to my amigos about a trip to Alaska next summer... yeeee haaaaa!

Hi Doc,

Still am a member of the VFR club ( having owned two 800s) and more than a few in the Club changed to the GS. On my first long trip on the Busa way up in the North Yorkshire Dales, I followed one for about 40 miles on very basic tarmac roads. The cornering capabilities of the GS are something to behold, very "planted"

The only real problems I've heard of are the "agricultural" nature of the engine, a nice way of saying it's well past it's sell by date!!!! Apart from that it's just bog ugly.

And why didn't you wait for the 1200 which is reputedly a much better bike in every detail!!??

Oh well, it's still great bike......... for older owners ( I'm still too young at 58)

Hope you enjoy.
cheers
Delboybusa

Congrats Doc! Looks like it can haul just about everything you need for a long trip, so that's surely one up on the Busa!
smile.gif

cool.gif

Nice bike Doc, are you going to convince Oscar to go to Alaska?

Back