Doc Rides L.A.

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Doc came down for another visit this weekend and brought his friend Oscar with him.  They rode in Friday night, we hit a local dive, yakked with a pretty Czech barmaid (her term) and went for a 200 mile ride on Saturday.
    We started from my house, went to my local twisty canyon about 10 min away, then headed for Mulholland and the Rock Store.  Left the Rock Store and went over the mountain to the beach.  Excellent weather.   We went back over to the Rock Store and saw a girl from LaBusas, and a guy from AZbusas who were at the Vegas trip.  Then when we were zippin up Piuma Rd I saw Nickslick coming down the other way.  Cool.
    Stopped for lunch on PCH, and went to Gladstones for a refreshment.  Ok, one beer, each.  Next we took Sunset Blvd to Mel's Diner, then back home.  We were going to visit Sterling at Hollywood and Vine but the traffic was getting bad and we had to get home.
    Doc and Oscar get the Iron Butt award for the weekend as far as I'm concerned.  275 miles from Vegas, 200 miles on Saturday, then go to Anaheim from L.A. the same day, at least another hour ride.

'Busas at the Rock Store

Doc_LA_Rock_store_Busas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The third 'Busa belonged to a guy riding with his girl on the back.
We stopped at the Overlook by the Rock Store and met another guy on a 'Busa.

Doc_LA_Busas_at_overlook.jpg

Doc and Oscar at Gladstones, a hot spot right on the beach.

Doc_LA_Doc_and_Oscar_at_Gladstones.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I will post some later. That was a fun ride! I am looking forward to continueing down to San Diego Thursday... I expect over 1000 miles total for this trip. Yeaa Haaa!

I had to post this one! Those were some MAJORLY twisty roads and here is the proof. My poor Alpine Stars!!!!

Yes, they are SMX boots. I was not too worried about the slider, but was surprised by how much I cut into the soles. Again, this could have been avoided, but I was have too much fun feeling the drag!

Here is the killer twisty that comes up from the Rock Store to the overlook. We road this one SEVERAL times to get it right... this is mainly where I lost my Alpine Star sliders and sole...

now thats what I want my boots to look like after cali thats for sure.

I dont care if there new, its worth the braggin wrights when I get home.

No doubt! It will be a little scary with the 1000's of bike tooling around for Laguna, but I am sure will find some toe draggin' action!

Doc and Big O....you have given me a major deja vu here.

Pacific Coast Highway, Sunset and Gladstones for refreshment.

Amazing....I envy you guys. I went to school in So. California and road my bike to many of the spots you visited. Instead of alpines I had converse all stars!!! Nearly ripped my feet off on the twisties....

Do you folks or anyone on this forum think that the busa is reliable enough to travel across the country without any major headaches?

Doc and Big O....you have given me a major deja vu here.

Pacific Coast Highway, Sunset and Gladstones for refreshment.

Amazing....I envy you guys.  I went to school in So. California and road my bike to many of the spots you visited.  Instead of alpines I had converse all stars!!!  Nearly ripped my feet off on the twisties....

Do you folks or anyone on this forum think that the busa is reliable enough to travel across the country without any major headaches?
Absolutely can go cross country on the Busa. Put on some risers, sport tour shield, foot peg lowers, and a good seat, and it will be like a Goldwing on crack....

A Goldwing on Crack.....oh man that was funny..

Can you really put a touring fairing and risers on a busa or are you joking around?

Back