Do Zards cans need Ecu remapping?

Mandrake

Registered
Hi folks,

I bought a 2008 B King which had be seating in a shop for almost foor years. The dealer installed Zard exhausts (and gave me a huge box with the unused original system which I think I will never install). I am still breaking in the bike so don't rev it to much or to often. I have noticed that under hard acceleration the bike stalls around 7500 rpm and wouldn't rev over that. My mechanic mentioned that these cans usually benefit from an extra 3% enrichment in fuel mixture. He recommended also to try the bike without the db killers and see if the problem persists (2minutes work and possibly a fine..). I am not comfortable with the idea of starting messing with the Ecu but I would like to know the opinion of the more knowledgeable members of the forum.
Cheers,

Mandrake

If you don't know but the b-King can be flashed to have a Hayabusa bin file which would give you allot more features to tune. It is not difficult to do but a tuner that knows how to use ECU Editor is great. A tune could fix your hesitation problem. The problem could also be from sitting for a year. Good luck and enjoy your ride, Welcome to the ORG!

If you don't know but the b-King can be flashed to have a Hayabusa bin file which would give you allot more features to tune. It is not difficult to do but a tuner that knows how to use ECU Editor is great. A tune could fix your hesitation problem. The problem could also be from sitting for a year. Good luck and enjoy your ride, Welcome to the ORG!

Thanks for the reply. So you are suggesting that the b king ecu controls fewer parameters than the hayabusa ( 2nd generation I guess)? Can you point me to a thread to further investigate this option?
Just to clarify: the bike had never been fills with any fluids (motor oil, brake fluids, gas) before my purchase. It was just sitting there on display waiting for a new owner...

B-King General Discussion

Learn to use the search option, you can find great information here.

Features available for Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King - 2007-2012
IAP Fuel Maps
TPS Fuel Maps
Ignition Maps
Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Fuel Maps
Woolich Racing AutoTune
Adjust RPM Limiters
Enable Wideband O2 Sensor
Enable High Speed Datalogging
Disable Top Speed Limiter
Disable Stock O2 Sensor