Do you wax your visor?

Dude thank you! I didnt know there were different ones I've only got it for glass. Guess I'll be going in tonight after all.
No worries. I just learned that recently. The "glass" stuff makes the visor look foggy over time. And if you have a expensive helmet- you might want avoid that:-) Glad I could help!

if you want to waste money then you should buy that.:-)
I always have a spray bottle with mild dish soap and water in my garage. Just spray the bugs off after each ride. Costs me nothing and works well!
When we talk about expensive visors, protecting them is never a waste of money IMO.

You don't use it-fair enough :confused:

Not sure to be honest. Unless you use aggressive windex I dont think cleaning does anything else then cleaning. Rain X is protecting it. But I might be wrong

Maybe some Nivea from time to time to keep it moisturized..? :poke:
I ain't rubbing Nivea on my Shoei shield!! Unless you do iyer first and show us how it works....

In my opinion, properly cleaning them is protecting them isn't it?

No, properly cleaning them is preserving them, at the risk of being pedantic.

Not sure to be honest. Unless you use aggressive windex I dont think cleaning does anything else then cleaning. Rain X is protecting it. But I might be wrong

Rain X is a water repellent, not a protectant , at the risk of being pedantic.

rainx.png

I use lots of soapy water first to initially clean the bugs and grime off wipe dry then a product called MR SHEEN similar to lemon pledge if you do this after every ride the visors stay in good condition for long time :thumbsup:

Oh yeah forgot to mention if you are behind a barn door big windshield like on my wing the visors defiantly stay cleaner for longer :thumbsup:

Okay boys the best kept secret ever..

Lemon Pledge!

Just do it, you can thank me later. I keep a small can in my bag all the time. You can wipe your bike down and polish it and for your helmet and it helps to keep bugs off and makes it super easy to clean..

I did that to my buddy’s seat one time......lol. First time he hit the brakes hard his stuff hit the tank hard. He was not happy :)
I put Meguire's cleaner/protector on my Bandit's seat when I first got it, the seat was pretty flat and the Bandit has a bit of torque, when I went out for a ride and grabbed the throttle the first time, I almost went off the back.

Learned that lesson.

Back