Do you wax your visor?

Blacksmith

Registered
Do you guys wax your helmet visors or use Rain x? Or is there something specific fir visors? I just waxed my AGV but Shoei has more expensive shields so I'm a little leery with it. It's more to make bug removal easier than for water

I use a small wet hot towel over the front to loosen the bugs and then after they’re easily wiped off, I use a non ammonia (like windex) cleaner to finish. Water only on the inside as I don’t want to mess with the anti fog qualities of the Scorpion shield. Even the best cleaners don’t guard against hard shell bug scratches like a one minute wet hot towel soak.

I love rain x, but only in certain climates. Works great in heavy rain. But, in a mist, it actually makes the view worse...instead of a light mist, it makes many droplets that move around and distract. I hated it in Oregon, but with the torrential Florida downpours it is awesome!
Since I very rarely ride in downpours, I just clean with water carefully.
Teoy

I use a spray Carnuba called Golden Mist. Not to be confused with Golden Shower. After bugs dry on there they will usually just brush off. Great if you're at the drag strip after dark and don't have a lot of time to clean it.

Ok thanks for all the replies boys it sounds like Rain X wont hurt a thing. Bugs dont stay on long I'm really picky about clear glass no matter what im driving so even if I just ride in to Hooters to eat and hang out I want to clean my visor when I get there. Sounds dumb I'm sure but I hate a dirty windshield and we do have quite a few bugs down here

Ok thanks for all the replies boys it sounds like Rain X wont hurt a thing. Bugs dont stay on long I'm really picky about clear glass no matter what im driving so even if I just ride in to Hooters to eat and hang out I want to clean my visor when I get there. Sounds dumb I'm sure but I hate a dirty windshield and we do have quite a few bugs down here
Make sure to get rain-x PLASTIC!!!! not the one for glass!!! You will ruin the visor otherwise!

I use a spray Carnuba called Golden Mist. Not to be confused with Golden Shower. After bugs dry on there they will usually just brush off. Great if you're at the drag strip after dark and don't have a lot of time to clean it.
I am sure golden shower would have the same effect, plus its cheaper!!

Back