do you think this deserved a visit from the Secret service??

i think lol... if the secret service really got involved thats just dumb. our government is just too damn big and needs to be downsized a lot... they focus on all the wrong things and seem to focus only on $$$$$

Totally inappropriate. I think it goes to far for the President. I've never enjoyed the SNL crew taking shots at Republican Presidents either. I think there's a pun in there.

lmao... I thought it was hilarious! u guys hav no sense of humor! lighten up for Christ's sake! OBVIOUSLY the secret service hav way too much time on their hands....:whistle:

ok i got 2 sets of 3 words for anyone that disagrees with this and you need to take a step back and ask yourself why you reacting the way you are acting....and here it is.... 1. THE FIRST AMENDMENT. 2. YOU ARE BRAINWASHED

ok i got 2 sets of 3 words for anyone that disagrees with this and you need to take a step back and ask yourself why you reacting the way you are acting....and here it is.... 1. THE FIRST AMENDMENT. 2. YOU ARE BRAINWASHED
No Chris I hold the Office of the President in high regard eventhough politicians today dishonor it frequently. I understand the first amendment right and the way the courts have used it to allow anything today. It was not meant to allow you to say and do anything you wanted, there use to be limits, but they are disappearing. If you go back and study my post I have held this opinion regardless of who sat in that office.

I understand the point that's being made and that it can be seen as humor, I just don't see it as such and that's my first amendment right

freedom of speech is only as long as you dont challenge someone in authority ......uhhhhh so i can only speak if they allow me too>?....my inalienable rights are only permitted if those in authority recognize them?... don't believe the constitution phrases it that way.

freedom of speech is only as long as you dont challenge someone in authority ......uhhhhh so i can only speak if they allow me too>?....my inalienable rights are only permitted if those in authority recognize them?... don't believe the constitution phrases it that way.

Authorities = The State has the responsibility of protecting the Constitution and Enforcing the Laws. That's their role. You need to study constitutional law Chris. There's limits to your freedoms. Believe me you can't say or do anything you wish and neither can I.

My argument wasn't with that anyway. I disagree with treating our presidents badly

how is making a cartoon "treating our presidents badly" does this mean political "satires" in the newspaper...newscasts ...polls....why is it ok for the ruleing class to have free ability to poke fun at president...but we the COMMON SERFS cannot?

Freedom requires that at the end of the day, we accept the constraint that is required.

One of my favorite quotes Chris..... You can't just run around and say what you want all the time... That Freedom that you scream about comes with responsibility! That quote has been in my signature for at least 10 years, I shouldn't have to moderate comments on this forum but I do because people take things too far.... The same hold true with our Freedom of speech, while you will protest that the government is intruding on your rights, the real truth is that the video probably should have never been made in regards to killing a sitting president. I do not like President Obama one bit but for anyone, another country, a terrorist or an AMERICAN to laugh about killing the leader of our country should be looked into. Maybe the secret service doesn't need to get involved, maybe we as citizens should just demand a higher standard of ourselves and stop telling the government what they should do for us and we should start leading by example...

Just my thoughts... Now go shout on about how we can say anything we want without consequences...

cap

how is making a cartoon "treating our presidents badly" does this mean political "satires" in the newspaper...newscasts ...polls....why is it ok for the ruleing class to have free ability to poke fun at president...but we the COMMON SERFS cannot?

I guess we're gonna argue. :laugh: IMHO the President needs to be hands off. That has always been my opinion. It is nothing more than my opinion and I have already stated that in an earlier post. Obviously the farther it goes in the attack the more it offends me.

We're not living in medieval Europe during the dark ages. We work, we pay taxes, and we have a vote, and can run for office blah,blah,blah. I do not consider my self a serf, however I know right from wrong and I also know that when I violate the rules, if I get caught, there's punishment. I can't just do whatever I want to do. That said I and you, we enjoy a lot of freedoms that some take for granted.

There's a lot of things wrong with the politicians that represent us :rofl: but until we take it back working withing the constitution it is what it is. Some of the states are actively trying to get a constitutional convention together to amend it. I agree with those amendments, but truly don't know if they would fix the problem.

i may not always be as eloquently spoken as others, i may take a more firm look at the constitution than others, but in the end i believe those who complain about our elected officials changing our constitution started by someone saying "its ok to put reasonable restrictions" on what it says....this is not a "fire" in a movie theater...this is something NOBODY HAS TO LOOK AT AND CAN TURN OFF AT WILL....thus...it is FREEDOM OF SPEECH that does NOT effect anyone that does not CHOOSE to be upset about it.

Two things..One) It may be humorous to some and I can't lie it was funny to me as well but…You, I, We have to be careful of what we say and whom we are saying it to. What may be perceived as humor to me may be the fuel for someone else's fire or the push they need to actually go and do what someone intended as a joke. Although it was a "joke", at the end of the day the message was the president is F****** up this country and the only way to save it is assassinate him before its too late. And guess what, some mentally unstable mind or extremist is going to see it just as that without the humor.
Two) Im a veteran and served in combat. We as in our country have a president who is our leader, commander in chief. I feel there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with your leader but there are ways of going about that. When you openly make a mockery or disrespect your leader what that does is show division which in turn shows weakness. An army or force that shows division or weakness will be less respected and looked upon as prey for the strong. Imagine being in a combat environment and the enemy looking from the outside and possibly from within sees division and no loyalty to the leader…Imagine all that can go wrong. Im not just talking Obama it could be Bush, Clinton, Reagan or even Me…LOL.

i may not always be as eloquently spoken as others, i may take a more firm look at the constitution than others, but in the end i believe those who complain about our elected officials changing our constitution started by someone saying "its ok to put reasonable restrictions" on what it says....this is not a "fire" in a movie theater...this is something NOBODY HAS TO LOOK AT AND CAN TURN OFF AT WILL....thus...it is FREEDOM OF SPEECH that does NOT effect anyone that does not CHOOSE to be upset about it.
Again we agree on that, I just don't and never have liked attacking a President. I understand the humor and the satire, just don't agree with it. Vote this guy out in November Casey, Robert P., Jr. - (D - PA)

Back