Do you think these would sell?

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
I had a customer recently buy a stand from me and he sent me these photos showing me how he had so easily made a wheel balancer kit out of his stand. It would be very easy to produce an additional kit to sell with my stands that would allow you to balance a wheel in this same fashion. My only question is if anyone would buy such a kit?

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

balancer1.JPG

I'd buy if the price was right. I change my own tires and this would be beneficial instead of aving to take them for balancing

One change: can you use a knife edge bearing??? they provide less rolling resistance.. and yes I would buy in the $30-50 range (what they go for now)

I like the idea but what's going to hold up the rear of the bike when you're using the rear stand to balance the tire?

I like the idea but what's going to hold up the rear of the bike when you're using the rear stand to balance the tire?
For long term "up time" I remove the belly wing and have 4 "paver" style bricks I lay crisscross under the belly wing support.. I then let my rear bike stand (spool type) down. (Also works great for changing links)

I would not try to jack the bike up by the support but it is plenty strong to "hold" the bike up...

For long term "up time" I remove the belly wing and have 4 "paver" style bricks I lay crisscross under the belly wing support..   I then let my rear bike stand (spool type) down. (Also works great for changing links)  

I would not try to jack the bike up by the support but it is plenty strong to "hold" the bike up...
I guess it was meant more as a "something to think about" question rather than a "what can I use to rig my bike up in the air" question.
tounge.gif

making a frame to hold a couple bearing sets really is not that big a deal.. just make the entire balancer available is all... a simple frame of 1/2 stock with say 4" feet would work fine..

Back