Do you ride throughout the Year?

Do you ride your Busa throughout the year?

• Yes, no matter the weather or temperature!

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Yes, but not in bad weather/temperature

Votes: 83 50.0%
  • I ride only in the "riding season" (spring/summer/fall)

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miami Fl. I ride all year round won't ride in the rain unless I caught by it in the street. Run for cover during lightning storms wait for it to pass.

January 09 was the first month that I missed commuting at least once in 5 years.. bad winter, roads were ok a couple of times but not my driveway:whistle: I ride the dl1000 allot as long as no ice & snow. Baby the Busa :laugh:

I'll ride until it gets below about 40 or so but I wont ride in the snow....of course if I had a street/trail bike it'd be a different story.

The 6 feet of snow tends to keep me off the roads in the winter! I usually put the bikes away in the first week of November and get them out last week of March or so depending on how spring blesses us.

I used to when streetriding was new to me. After a couple years I would be out in the cold at a stoplight thinking to myself "WTF am I doing outhere? This isn't fun."

There after I stopped riding in the cold.

Does it get cold in Virginny ???:poke::rofl:

Don't do snow, ice and try not to plan rides below forty degrees but have been known to ride when the temps are below freezing...usually with a good anti-freeze I can't feel it anyway...:whistle:

Just kiddin'...gosh!:beerchug:

Florida = year round riding. I only stop to eat, sleep, drink from time to time, maintenance the bike and then there is work. Damn, I need to play the Lotto or something, work is cutting too much into my ride time.

SoCal- Nuff said.

Heated gear for the days that are below 40 deg. I wish I would have known about heated gear when I was driving 125 miles one way in the 25 deg weather. It is a wonderful thing! :cheerleader:

I rode in "chance of showers" but avoided "rain likely" and any temps much lower than about 40F .

A 'Busa can spin the rear tire like a banshee when you hit an ice patch :eyes:

Got my attention in a hurry as the speedo ripped up to about 80 when I was still going about 40 ... it was weird to me because all my previous bikes had front wheel speedo drive . ???

I ride until the first snow and they spread cinders and salt.Start riding afer a few good rains and it warms up a bit.I usually only losse about 3 months,just enough time for mods on the bikes.

Back