Do You Really Have To Match

Ham

Registered
Hi i am in the market for a new helmet $200 price range. I have a 09 busa with the white and blue color scheme.
I seen a few helmets i like and wondered how many people actually match there helmet with there bikes.
Here are a few that i like.
Or what do you guys recommend. Post pics if you have any.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 6.34.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 6.32.21 PM.png

I say get what you like as long as it is good quality and has the proper certifications. I have a blue busa and a black helmet. I went plain black cause I feel like I'm too old (49) to go for one with cool graphics. :)

Reactions: Ham
I say get what you like as long as it is good quality and has the proper certifications. I have a blue busa and a black helmet. I went plain black cause I feel like I'm too old (49) to go for one with cool graphics. :)
I agree and @ 40yrs young that being cool factor is old news.

The white is really slick! Is that a mirror tint visor? That white liner may be hard to keep clean, not to mention the bug splatter. I'd go with the multi color and find a jacket that ties it all together. My belief is that if the helmet has any of the bike colors in it then it's matching to me.

Last year I rocked an Icon Alliance torrent, the red and white one, not the ugly ass silver one. Decided I wanted a more quiet lid so I bought the shoei rf-1200 in solid gloss black. Figured I could decal it up as I see fit and change it on occasion.

I matched mine when I purchased the 09, but its time for a new one now. Thinking black with blue mirrored visor.
IMAG0199.jpg

safety first, i tend to just buy what ever grafics i like and if i dont feel comfortable with the lid then its just another piece of candy in the garage ...

I painted my lids 2 match my bike. A waste of money since I'm repainting another style. Good excuse to get a new one though. I think it's more important to have a good helmet, color doesn't matter.

I just see if I can find a graphic I like; but I do tend towards the less angry ones. I have a really nice phoenix on my Shoei GT-Air. I think it's most important just to get a high quality and good fitting helmet.

GT-Air_REVIVE_TC-5.jpg

got the same helmet as the guy above but went solid white. It matches my bike. First bike i had was silver and had a plain silver helmet for that one. 2nd bike was red but silver helmet was still good. Then got 3rd bike and had the silver helmet for a year then got the white one as it was time for replacement.

Love my AGV, but be warned...
One thing that is one of it's best virtues is the low front. When u are riding into the sun, u can look down a tad and block it out. But. When tucked, ur neck is wickedly bent up to see.
They changed this on the 2016 models and have a higher front visor area to help the racers that complained about this very issue. I dont change because I love the comfort and the sun blocking abilities that outweigh this problem...for me.
Good luck.
Oh, and yes, get something that YOU think matches or looks good together. I kinda chuckle when I see a helmet that looks ungodly out of place.
Troy

image.jpeg

After reading everyone's reply so far, they are all right. Safety first, don't worry what others will have to say about you, and plain colors do great with any bike's color scheme. I think that the most important thing you need o ensure is that you get something that meets the highest safety standards out there. Remember, it's you head.

I have attempted to match my gear color to my bikes but with one blue black and white bike and one black and orange, it's hard to get real complex with the ensemble styling. I'd need separate gear for each bike so I stick pretty much to black/white. I still wear the blue stuff on my black/orange busa all the time and I think the contrast is cool. Visibility is always a good fashion statement on a motorcycle.

NOTHING AT ALL against newbs--everyone goes through this phase and it's out of our system in a couple years. hopefully the bike is still very exciting at that point ---but IMHO going too far to match your gear exactly to your bike???? POSER! LOL I guess I still like to be a poser but I don't want to make it too obvious...which just adds another layer to the poserhoodedness of it all!

Back