Do you knock or ring?

Mikey D

Registered
My wife & I have an on going discussion on whether or not it is OK to ring a doorbell rather than knock when visiting.  It came to a head tonight when taking the young'uns trick or treating.  

Seeing as how this is the classiest board around...
What do ya'll think?  Should you knock first, even if there is a doorbell, or should you just ring it?

Yeah I know, I need to get a life, stop complaining, If I only had your problems, etc...

But what do you think about the doorbell question?

OK, a little late but these are the rules as I learned em'.

First No porch light or Jack-O-Lanterns there not playing...move on.

Ring door bell ONCE...If no one answers leave quickly...

If no Door Bell...Keep moving, if they cannot afford a doorbell they are to freakin broke to give out anything worth a damn....

They usually know I'm there when they catch me peepin in the windows.
If they aren't payin attention, I ring the bell.

The Postman always rings twice... I only knock ONCE!  Hehehehehehe...  :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067795261 -->

Ok you guys are missing the point, although you're funny as h3ll!
I'm trying to get a consensus on whether you are supposed to knock or ring when visiting someone's home. Not just for the free goodies!

Come on, this is important!

Stop messin around! (Yeah right!)

here it is in computer code

if
doorbell=1
then
ring=1
else
doorbell=0
then
knock=1

depends on time of day for me. If its starting to get around dinner time or later then I will only knock. If its the middle of the day then I will ring the bell since people usually are a bit louder in their homes at that time whether it be from stereos or kids up playing and yelling. Just me though. Wife will only ring doorbell

Neither, it is proper to use your voice per Dear Abby. Anyone home!!:eek:

just do like my inlaws, just walk in. :mad:
Do I detect a note of scarcasm there?
:tounge:
yeah its not as bad now but when i first got marriedmy wife and i were getting busy in the living room when her pops opens the kitchen door walks in then yells hello. my wife freaked, i got up walked around the corner and told him to leave. he didnt come over again for about a month, probably scared him good yelling at him bareassed.

just do like my inlaws, just walk in. :mad:
Do I detect a note of scarcasm there?
:tounge:
yeah its not as bad now but when i first got marriedmy wife and i were getting busy in the living room when her pops opens the kitchen door walks in then yells hello. my wife freaked, i got up walked around the corner and told him to leave. he didnt come over again for about a month, probably scared him good yelling at him bareassed.
Sounds like they needed it!

Bare arssed? I presume you were facing him when you "Let him have it" :laugh:

Back