Do you have your visor down.

I wear contact lens so any little bit of dirt or foreign objects in my eyes feels like a bolder. So, always down for me!

I ride with mine up from time to time,however I also have glasses on when I do.

I try to keep it down but I am guilty as well when going slower,but I do always have on sunglasses. I have had to make a couple of emergency landings due to bee's in the helmet to.

Over the last few years I ride with modular helmets, so I do ride with the visor and front up in certain situations but, I also wear prescrition sun glasses always.

In town its up. Highway its down but cracked open a touch.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

being a blind guy, i wear glasses all the time. i have always gotten the shatterproof lenses and have prescription shades for the day. so i hardly ever have my visor down.
when im in heavy traffic, or heavy bugs, other than that i only put down when its cold out.
i do use the inner visor on my scorpion when riding into the sun. but when i put the inner and outer visor down im looking through 3 lenses and it distorts really bad, rainbows and weirdness.

I always have some type of eye protection (glasses/sunglasses) under the visor and the visor is almost always down at least 3/4 of the way. If its hot I'll ride with it slightly cracked open or when cooler I close it almost all the way. I dont like riding with it completely closed unless I have to but always always have some type of eye protection. I've been hit in the eye before when I was younger/dumber... damn lucky to be able to see out of that eye from what the dr said ... stupid june bugs LOL

I use to ride with it open until I had a few close calls. The one that did it for me was when a bug lodged it's self in-between my cheek and helmet. I was fine til it crawled in my ear. It eas llike that scene geometry star trek II.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

i ride with my visor up all the time...but i am always wearing full sunglasses and if its at night clear safety glasses

I'll eat the bugs and take the wallops in the face, I ALWAYS ride with the visor up until the wind forces it down or a track that has a rule it has to be down. VIR and Maxton make you put it down but not most of the local tracks.

Street riding it stays up, but I always wear eye protection in the form of sun glasses also.

Good luck with your eye

Same here!
Like the wind in my face.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I don't mean to be mean, but what the hell are yoiu guys thinking? The visor is there for a reason. Why not just take the visor off the helmet? Riding at 100 mph with the visor up is kind of goofy. I know it is different strokes for different folks, but next you will all be telling me you run with one plug wire off......... Oh, wait, is this a Harley joke thread?

My Scorpion has an inner tinted visor. When I stop or are riding in town I keep the outer visor open and the inner visor down. Once I get up to around 45 mph I put down my outer visor. I also wear glasses so with both the inner visor and the glasses my eyes are pretty well protected at low speeds. In the winter I do the same cause the shield will get condensation on it at low speeds/stopped.

Same here except I have an hjc helmet

Wow, I hope your eye heals soon. I always wear my visor down, except when stopped at a light. Even glasses will let things in, unless they have a foam-like "seal" around the edges.

Back