Do you have a pre-riding ritual?

Check the bike , check the tire pressures , if it is colder weather , I run more air in my tires . Check my riding gear , check house and dog and get either of my beasts outside and warmed up , then it is time to go and ride !!

Check weather

Decide on my route(s) or have several variations in mind

Check tire pressure look over tires etc, (usually clean or lube chain and bike after the last ride so that’s usually done already)

Gather up all my gear for that day, clean face shield if not already done

Check how much gas I have until empty and where I plan to gas up(this could be dictated by route)

Usually all this is being done while waiting on my slow wife to finish getting ready and come outside lol. She currently is bikeless but I usually do the same for her bike while waiting on her, pull it out of garage

I always leave extra water and food for the pets and a key outside (in case I’m gone longer than anticipated due to “mayhem” or the unplanned)

As I pull out of my driveway I say a prayer

Last edited:
Hey guys don’t forget to check out your gear as well. I knew my boots were on borrowed time but they were so comfortable, the sole came apart while I was up the mountain so I had to come back down to the Dollar General Store hoping to get some black duck tape, of course my luck is that all they had was the chrome bling tape lol, but it got me back home at least

B00AFED4-49BA-4B4C-9BAB-A5402DA882A1.jpeg

5C7B4D59-68A3-4B71-844A-4F4AFB9BE0C9.jpeg

5D67B1E5-A2B4-4AC4-844B-000BAA0FC3DD.jpeg

Hey guys don’t forget to check out your gear as well. I knew my boots were on borrowed time but they were so comfortable, the sole came apart while I was up the mountain so I had to come back down to the Dollar General Store hoping to get some black duck tape, of course my luck is that all they had was the chrome bling tape lol, but it got me back home at least

View attachment 1604502

View attachment 1604503

View attachment 1604504
Lol that could be a new trend. The shift lever on the Tuono is slowly wearing out the top of my left boot.

I do all the checks, phone, cash, money card, drinking water, extra thermals, extra gloves, some fruit in a container, tires check, chain check, fuel level, oil level, coolant level, call my buddy and confirm meeting place and time to meet, (he has NO cell phone at all have to call him on his home phone, PITA) I tell my dogs what time I’ll be back and give them permission to savage any intruders, check their food and water, get the bike out of the garage and warm up the motor, put my gear on and clean my visor, say a prayer for protection and good judgement, also pray for any police that see me to ignore me, I then kneel down, hold my right footpeg and visualise my safe return home. ( I learned that from VR lol)
I always pull the clutch in 3 times and hold it in for 3 seconds before selecting first gear. The gearbox thanks me for that by clicking quietly into gear instead of CLUNKING into 1st gear .
If you wait with the clutch pulled in for a few seconds, it gives the input shaft time to slow down and engage the mesh of the output shaft nicely.
Works every time !

I do all the checks, phone, cash, money card, drinking water, extra thermals, extra gloves, some fruit in a container, tires check, chain check, fuel level, oil level, coolant level, call my buddy and confirm meeting place and time to meet, (he has NO cell phone at all have to call him on his home phone, PITA) I tell my dogs what time I’ll be back and give them permission to savage any intruders, check their food and water, get the bike out of the garage and warm up the motor, put my gear on and clean my visor, say a prayer for protection and good judgement, also pray for any police that see me to ignore me, I then kneel down, hold my right footpeg and visualise my safe return home. ( I learned that from VR lol)
I always pull the clutch in 3 times and hold it in for 3 seconds before selecting first gear. The gearbox thanks me for that by clicking quietly into gear instead of CLUNKING into 1st gear .
If you wait with the clutch pulled in for a few seconds, it gives the input shaft time to slow down and engage the mesh of the output shaft nicely.
Works every time !
By the time you leave - I have my first coffee stop :poke:

Love those rituals.... the dog one made me laugh! :lol:

I usually check tire pressure & get rolling then ask the Lord to watch over me but don't ask him to keep me anymore just incase he decides to; mostly I ask that he protects me from myself helping me to be aware & make good decisions while showing some restrain once and again. If working night shift I put a towel over the seat & tank by 9-10pm since the dew forms earlier than one would think. In the morning I take that towel wipe the bike down including the rear wheel which always has dew on it and small rocks which will get your attention quick if in a turn right away while on the gas. Learned that leaving the club years ago after bouncing. The owner was impressed with the bike. I pulled out into swooping right applied gas & rear kicked out on me twice immediately which had never happened before. It was 3:30am & I knew the cause soon as it happened figured wasn't really showing off, that this is how I ride but would have been embarrassing if I had gone down. I continued to hammer the turn to heat the rear tire telling myself I was no Rookie & the ritual was later created so no more surprises.

Back