Do you even drag race bro?!?!

I don't want to see you get hurt, but I must say something. Who welded this arm up? what fixture was used to square and true it? Can you post some pics of the welds close up. I rather be honest that lol you along an someone become injured trying to save money. The bikes are no joke, and I have worked on/setup alot of them..If you don't care,i will just say goo luck and move on..

I don't have the arm yet, the guy is still working on it. I'll post some pics of it close up once it's here. As for who welded it? A guy in Atlanta who as far as I know, builds swing arms. As for making sure it's square and true? I have not a clue what he used. But trust me, when I get the arm, I will absolutely make sure everything is correct and the welds are strong. I have a local shop that will be doing my install work on the arm and chain etc etc. If they see something not right, they will tell me. Thank you for being concerned, I'd rather not put junk on my bike. :thumbsup:

There has been a ton of horror stories involving shoddy swingarms and brittle junk Chinese knockoff extensions that landed a few in the ER :banghead: You should NEVER go cheap when it comes to the hard parts..... I wouldn't even consider running an arm on my busa unless its from a big name known company. You get what you pay for and I don't mind paying more for something that will be holding me up while i'm flying inches above asphalt @ 100+mph :whistle:

I don't want to see you get hurt, but I must say something. Who welded this arm up? what fixture was used to square and true it? Can you post some pics of the welds close up. I rather be honest that lol you along an someone become injured trying to save money. The bikes are no joke, and I have worked on/setup alot of them..If you don't care,i will just say goo luck and move on..

agreed, arm looks mig welded with bad penetration on the splice with blow thru's, arm should have been chamfered, possibley with an 1/8" gap and tig welded, you could go back over the entire splice with a good tig weld for better strength. The weld needs to be there don't grind it away to make it look like one piece.

That swing arm it simpler not looking road worth it. I think his intentions were in the right place. But after seeing what a jig for this kind of work looks like... Seeing a $10 measuring tape next to it... He missed the point. And the welds are not looking any better.. Good luck.. I hope you rethink about using that arms on the street ...for your safety

I'm not the type to put cheap parts on anything, I'd rather spend decent money for a quality product. It was a trade deal for the air ride kit I was selling and I figured a built arm was worth trading for. Like I said before guys, when I get the arm I'll have it completely gone over by my local shop. If for any reason they say to not use it, by all means, I will NOT be using it. I do appreciate everyone's concern and I thank you all for being honest and caring. I will post pics if the arm when I get it and update this thread with wether or not it was a quality built piece. :thumbsup:

ive been launching my bike around 3000 but thats stock length ill let you know what i figure out after my stretch is done

Back