Do you even drag race bro?!?!

PA99Busa

Registered
I don't, not yet at least....

I guess this will be my build/progress thread.

Previous Kawi 636 build was for looks, going a different route with this bike. I love the look of a fat ass, for some reason I just can't bring my self to take away from the power and performance by adding a big tire on this bike.

Mods so far: New front and rear Shinko tires, rear lowering links, lowering triple tree, Brock's Alien head system, cut seat, and I had the fuel tank and pump upgraded to a Gen 2 set up. Much more reliable than the 99-00. Also a Driven fuel cap assembly. I have a buddy in Atlanta building me a swing arm as we speak, should be done in a few days. It's a stock arm with a 3-9 over adjustment section. The sprockets were also changed out on this too, 45 in the rear and I think -1 in the front.

Over the winter I'll round up the rest of what I want and have it ready for spring. That includes doing the clutch mod, a gen 2 rear shock and spring swap, Pazzo levers, and looking into going with a nitrous system.

Bike (6).jpg

bikeee.jpg

Bike.JPG1.jpg

Swing arm.jpg

I love the look of a fat ass, for some reason I just can't bring my self to take away from the power and performance by adding a big tire on this bike.
thank god for that cause that just ruins a Busa imo. forget the extensions jus buy an evil arm or somthn used. shudnt cost more then a few hundred bucks.

thank god for that cause that just ruins a Busa imo. forget the extensions jus buy an evil arm or somthn used. shudnt cost more then a few hundred bucks.

Haha well i ran a 240 tire on my old bike and didnt mind. As for the swing arm, its a solid welded up arm. No bolt ons.

All fat tire kits are not know for tacking power from the bikes, I,e BST 240 is ran buy alot of the top drag/LSR racers in the sport.

All fat tire kits are not know for tacking power from the bikes, I,e BST 240 is ran buy alot of the top drag/LSR racers in the sport.

A 240 on a hayabusa isn't a big tire in my eyes. It's BIGGER than what factory is, but to me, a big tire is a 300 or more. But nontheless, it's not what I want this time around. :beerchug:

yea but wat percentage of drag/LSR racers actually use a 240 rim? and at the cost of the BST 240 rims that isn't gonna work for most people and not to mention havn to have a custom swing arm made to fit that big rim aint cheap either. so for most a 240 rim is seen on show bikes NOT performance bikes. sure their light but a standard BST rim wud be lighter.

yea but wat percentage of drag/LSR racers actually use a 240 rim? and at the cost of the BST 240 rims that isn't gonna work for most people and not to mention havn to have a custom swing arm made to fit that big rim aint cheap either. so for most a 240 rim is seen on show bikes NOT performance bikes. sure their light but a standard BST rim wud be lighter.

True on everything you have posted, but there are a small percentage of racers who I believe have ran with the big 240 wheel, Lisa Poterfield, Ken Edwards(no joke hayabusa) and one of the grates Mr, Bill Warner.

But to keep it 100, the money I spent on the BST wheels, roaring toys swingarm and a used stage 2 velocity turbo, I could have gotten me the RCC ultra kit.

True on everything you have posted, but there are a small percentage of racers who I believe have ran with the big 240 wheel, Lisa Poterfield, Ken Edwards(no joke hayabusa) and one of the grates Mr, Bill Warner.

But to keep it 100, the money I spent on the BST wheels, roaring toys swingarm and a used stage 2 velocity turbo, I could have gotten me the RCC ultra kit.
no reason why you can't do both or all….:laugh: u seem to be doing everything else so why not? its just money. u can always make more...:poke:

A little more progress on the arm, it should be done soon.

(The swing arm spool holes are being removed and there is still some work to do)

Swingarm.jpg

Another pic of the unfinished swing arm. Getting there! Once i have it in my posession i'll have a nitrous bottle bracket welded to it and get it powder coated. My mirror block offs just came in the mail today too!

:super:

Swingarm 2.jpg

Mirror.jpg

your going to love the launch with that extended arm. Im sitting at +7.5 inches. with a hook up tire.

We took the 240 kit of destins bike because the rear wheel/tire combo without brake rotor and sprocket weighed 27 pounds. Way heavier then a stock wheel/tire.

I don't want to see you get hurt, but I must say something. Who welded this arm up? what fixture was used to square and true it? Can you post some pics of the welds close up. I rather be honest that lol you along an someone become injured trying to save money. The bikes are no joke, and I have worked on/setup alot of them..If you don't care,i will just say goo luck and move on..

Back