Do you change your own tires?

Do you change your own tires? - Do you want to?

• 1.  Yes, the shop is a rip-off.

Votes: 173 100.0%
  • 2.  Yes, I want it done right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.  Both of the above.

• 4.  I would, but don't know how.

• 5.  I would, but don't have the tools.

• 6.  Both 4 and 5.

• 7.  Nope, I let the experts do it.

• 8.  No way, and you're nuts to try.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a shop so hell yeah I do it myself. So any one in the St Louis area needs help let me know. It might cost you a six pack.

Moved to polls as part of housekeeping efforts and to help ease forum search ... smile.gif

If you change them yourself how do you get them balanced? If you have to take them to the shop anyway why not let them do the whole thing??

I change mine myself. I don't have a local shop, and the zuki shop gets $100 a tire, the hog shop get $25 a tire and try's to sell me shid I don't need and fugged up my rear brakes costing me four trips.

Bike tires are made so well that I make sure I've got the direction correct and align the mark with the stem. 6th rear wheel, factory wheel balance no issues.

You forgot to add to the poll some thing to the effect of I work at a shop and do my own tires which is what I do

Went to the local Zuke Stealer.. Asked how much to change tires he said $26 off bike $56 on bike. I just said "oh, ok. So I just bring them in?" He says "no, that's what we charge if you buy our tires, it's $36 and $66 if you bring your own" wow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back