DO YOU AGREE

PADEROLIS

Registered
I was on KATRIDERS.COM and came across a discussion; some pre 98 owners believe the Busa is the true replacement for the Katana. They say this because the Busa came out around the same time the 1100ccs stopped being produced. They also say the GSX600F/750F (98 and newer) should not be called Katana and that Suzuki only badged them because they would sell in the U.S. What do you guys think? I'll be honest I didn't know too much about the Katana before I got one!

I used to have a 1989 750 Kano-tuna, 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think there is anyway that the Busa is a replacement for the Katana bikes. The Katana's have always been a parts bin, bargain bike. The Busa has been the flag ship bike for Suzuki for almost a decade. There was nothing like it when it came out in 99. And they were still producing the Katana's at that time anyway.

I used to have a 1989 750 Kano-tuna, 5 or 6 years ago.  I don't think there is anyway that the Busa is a replacement for the Katana bikes.  The Katana's have always been a parts bin, bargain bike.  The Busa has been the flag ship bike for Suzuki for almost a decade. There was nothing like it when it came out in 99.  And they were still producing the Katana's at that time anyway.
Before the Busa, the Katana was the flagship bike for Suzuki. I think the Busa is more like the next generation of sport touring bike rather than a replacement.

I think the busa is king and they should all bow down.
cool.gif

Thats interesting, but not true. The Katana is a good bike, I loved my 2000 Kat, but the Busa was not a replacment. It is still badged with the GSX-R designation, classified as a hyper-bike. The Kat badged GSX-F. Its been a while since I have been on Katriders.

A Katana will always in my eyes be a beginner bike. It is a great bike, don't get me wrong. But It has it's place. It is a easy to ride, calm bike that is predictable. The Busa is a GSX badge which is the "superbike" class of Suzuki. They are not in the same class.

Back