Do we count 'chicken strips' on Busas?

Hate to admit it but after noticing the bike, the first thing I look at are the chicken strips. Most bikes around here have pretty big ones. Mine are nothing to brag about right now. It does matter what tire pressure you use and how tall of a rear tire you run. The taller rear tires seem to be harder to get the CSs down on. If you use a Pirelli, they have real stiff sidewalls and very low pressure still works well at low speed and on the street. I went to 25 psi front and rear on my Super Corsas and it was very stable at all speeds. I got the rear CS down to about a quarter inch on the 190/55 and that was as much as I could do on the street. Half inch is normal for me on the front. Do a track day and you will be amazed at how much harder you can lean once you get in the groove. You will literally melt those CS away.
I'd love to try a track day but idk any close to menthatvo can get in on. My strips are 1/2 to 3/4" which I guess ain't bad for a newbie on the street.

I'd love to try a track day but idk any close to menthatvo can get in on. My strips are 1/2 to 3/4" which I guess ain't bad for a newbie on the street.
Not bad at all. I have only done two track days after a lot of practice on expressway ramps. I was stunned to see the rubber melting off the edges of my rear tire on my first track day. Second track day the weather was cold and I went slower. I wouldn't bother with going early in the season if you are up north. I rode the bike 70 miles from milwaukee to go to Black Hawk Farms in N Illinoise.

Trailers are the way to do it but setting up a trailer is a whole venture in itself as I am finding out right now.

Not bad at all. I have only done two track days after a lot of practice on expressway ramps. I was stunned to see the rubber melting off the edges of my rear tire on my first track day. Second track day the weather was cold and I went slower. I wouldn't bother with going early in the season if you are up north. I rode the bike 70 miles from milwaukee to go to Black Hawk Farms in N Illinoise.

Trailers are the way to do it but setting up a trailer is a whole venture in itself as I am finding out right now.
Nope I'm about as deep south as you can get (in Ga we're not sure exactly what Fl is but we know it ain't part of the south!) so its usually pretty warm except Dec thru March. I have a small trailer I went to Daytona to acquire my beast that's not a problem. Having chicken strips dont bother me any but I would like to be a good enough rider that I can scrub them off at will.

Can't seem to upload . But my bike seems to turn just fine. I agree with the rider assessment post too.

Back