Do we count 'chicken strips' on Busas?

Blacksmith

Registered
I was coming out of a restaurant yesterday and there was a guy on an R1 parked beside my bike, obviously we talked a bit but the first thing he said was "not bad chicken strips for a busa". I hadn't thought much about it since our bikes aren't known for cornering. Do you guys notice yours or other busas? Or is it just a sport like thing?

I was coming out of a restaurant yesterday and there was a guy on an R1 parked beside my bike, obviously we talked a bit but the first thing he said was "not bad chicken strips for a busa". I hadn't thought much about it since our bikes aren't known for cornering. Do you guys notice yours or other busas? Or is it just a sport like thing?
It's an ego thing....different tires wear differently, some are softer and even a bit of straight line running creates "chicken strips."

Around here 90% of the area is fairly straight roads, finding enough decent corners to scrub in the sidewalls of my tires is a real challenge.

Hayabusas can handle-even better than sport bikes in the hands of a skilled rider.

I like these best...

untitled.png

It's an ego thing....different tires wear differently, some are softer and even a bit of straight line running creates "chicken strips."

Around here 90% of the area is fairly straight roads, finding enough decent corners to scrub in the sidewalls of my tires is a real challenge.

Hayabusas can handle-even better than sport bikes in the hands of a skilled rider.

I hear ya it's the same for me here, no real curves unless I'm turning onto a side road. It must take a pretty hard turn to get the whole tire rubbed, I've rubbed my pegs a couple times and drug my boots several times and still have about 1/2" of strip on the sides. I'll admit it scared me the first time I felt the pavement grab at my boot!

I love these RS10 gumballs so much , they stick like Tarzan to Jane !!
My 280 on my 109r looks a lot like that Andrew.
Those M109 can be used in corners pretty good from what I've been told , smoke most any other true cruiser !! Also been told of a dude that has replaced the shaft drive twice because he is / was addicted to lighting up that fat rear , showing off leaving everywhere there was someone to watch him !! Good on Art , you must be onto it as well , in the corners I mean bro !!

Hate to admit it but after noticing the bike, the first thing I look at are the chicken strips. Most bikes around here have pretty big ones. Mine are nothing to brag about right now. It does matter what tire pressure you use and how tall of a rear tire you run. The taller rear tires seem to be harder to get the CSs down on. If you use a Pirelli, they have real stiff sidewalls and very low pressure still works well at low speed and on the street. I went to 25 psi front and rear on my Super Corsas and it was very stable at all speeds. I got the rear CS down to about a quarter inch on the 190/55 and that was as much as I could do on the street. Half inch is normal for me on the front. Do a track day and you will be amazed at how much harder you can lean once you get in the groove. You will literally melt those CS away.

Back