Do they work together

Stealth_Busa

Registered
Gang,
Ok, Ok, Ok I have been asking a lot of questions lately. So here I go again........

Will the Yellow Box work with the Gear Position indicator.

In tanedom, together, on ghe same bike at the same time???

Stealth

Stealth_Busa,
I don't have personal knowledge of this, but I've read either here or the other Busa forums that there should be no problem.

Someone should have a more definitive answer for you.

I am also curious about about this mod. I want to install both the yellow box and the Gear Position Indicator(looks cool)
muscle.gif

Has anyone tried E-Mailing either company and finding out. Get back to us and let us know.

I did this last year. I have not had a problem with them so far They are both great products [/QUOTE]
kickass.gif

Mrtris how easy is it do both of the mods and how long did it take to do eack one.

I took my time. I made sure I ran the wires out of the way. I soldered all of my connections. I would say about an hour for both.

Kewl, I am pretty anal(excuse my language)
oops.gif
when it come to things like that. so I guess I will have some fun with the install
biggrin.gif

I have both a YellowBox and a Datatool DiGi gear indicator (I am assuming that this is the unit under discussion). The DiGi works well with the YellowBox.

The Digi is a universal gear indicator, thus it must be "taught" the number of gears that you have and the ratio of each gear. This means that it can accommodate almost any digital tach pulse/Hall-effect speed sensor application.

Remember to wire the green "speedometer pulse" circuit of the DiGi to the OUTPUT of the YellowBox, which is a green wire as well. The DiGi has a high-impedance input circuit, so don't be concerned about wiring it in parallel with the bike's speed input.

One final note:
If you make a substantial change in your gearing and change your YellowBox settings, you should then "re-train" your DiGi.

Good luck,

Mike

Amsctalx,

Whats up! Looks like your not to far from me. We should hook up and ride sometime. Anyway, is the Yellow Box very difficult to install? I do most my own work but electrical stuff is not my strong suit. I have a 16 countershaft sprocket will the box work with it?

Thanx, J.D.

Amsctalx,

Whats up!  Looks like your not to far from me.  We should hook up and ride sometime.  Anyway, is the Yellow Box very difficult to install?  I do most my own work but electrical stuff is not my strong suit.  I have a 16 countershaft sprocket will the box work with it?

Thanx,  J.D.
J.D. -

Close indeed!

A standard-range YellowBox will have enough range to cover the intrinsic speedo error and the offset created by the change in front sprockets.

I would be happy to help you with the installation an calibration of your YellowBox.

PM me with contact details, or simply show up at the corner of MAC and Albert in East Lansing on a Monday evening.

Mike

Back