Do i need to remap?

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
I have installed Yoshi RS-3 Race slipons on my 2001 busa.  I was told when I bought them that I wouldn't need to remap but I have heard from other sources that I do.  Can anyone help with me with the answer.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Depends on if you have any other Mods. You will not need to re-map for Slip on's only. Slip ons plus BMC filter still not re-map, anything beyond it is a good idea to max. the output.

Racer 222

Donating Member
Registered
I have not added any other mods. I was told that the bike was running lean. Can you tell that just from revving it up? Not wanting to race this bike but I do want it to run as effieciently as possible. What other mods would you suggest?

MET

The Watcher
Registered
I started off with my 01' running about 151hp with stock everything. Went with 2 Brothers oval cans and a BMC airfilter, which was about 160hp. Start with a little bit if you are not real inteested in just Hp (like sound looks etc.). Slip- ons are not cheap but I ran mine for about 4 months, and then sold them when I went to a full system. Part of the fun for me was doing a little bit at a time. I just finished doing some healthy Mods this weekend which takes me up 187hp (waiting for good weather). Just do what your comfy. with. Slip ons have a great deep sound if that is what you are interested in, and will get you maybe 1 1/2- 2 1/2 add'l hp.

Racer 222

Donating Member
Registered
I already believe that this bike is way to much for me. I have just started canyon carving it and just love the power. I will take your advice and do it slow. I have a lot to learn about the technology involved in the hayabusa and making it perform like the champ that it is! Thanks for the help and advice.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedrovdb10