do i need aftermarket front springs?

bikerboy2182

Registered
i have a gen2 with a 7over swingarm. im 175lbs and sometimes have a passanger. i have a new rear spring coming already. i only ride street. now do i have enough adjustment in the front to get my bike properly tuned with my setup or should i do the front springs also? what is availible for front springs as maybe id like to take an inch off the front

You don't need new springs at 175lbs.
I'de buy a 1" spacer/riser and slide your fork tubes up in the triple clamps an inch to lower the front.
Cutting forks is expensive.
Try 2 lines visible on the fork preload.
4 to 5 clicks counter clockwise from full right on compression and rebound.
That'll get you in the ballpark for front sag.
I don't know where to start(as far as adjustment)on an aftermarket rear spring.
Shoot for around 35mm of sag front and rear.
You're not going to be railing any corners on it stretched, so just make sure the rear end doesn't have a double bounce/slack when you push it down quickly with force. It should rebound quickly and stop at the top.:beerchug:

If you are already lowered one inch in the front, going down to a 2 inch drop isn't adviseable.
If you street ride that, sooner or later the lower fairing and/or header is going to take a beating. One pothole, speedbump, or change in pavement is going to get them.
Even leaning over moderately in a curve is going to scrape the lower sides of the fairings at some point too.
The suspension compresses/sags when you sit on the bike, so you're going to be a little lower than 2 inches.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just be aware of what you're getting into.

Back