do i definitely need a pcIII with this exhaust

ANY FULL exhaust will be best with a commander for its full HP gain. Not needed, but highly recommended.
WIth out it....my run lean at hi Rs, and rich at low Rs.

Your bike will run lean all over and will be more prone to run lean on the bottom end.

Why:

EPA tests are only based on certain operating rpms deemed as "normal operating conditions".

Hence low rpms are subject to these standards thus are leaner than probably some would like. A motor is basically an air pump. Allow it less restriction and it pumps more air. Without adding more fuel, the motor suffers a "lean" condition.

the GenII has O2 sensors, so wouldn't add fuel when it see's to much air? Do the O2 sensor in bikes not work like the O2's in cars? or is the stock programming that off and it just can't add enough fuel?

From what I've heard, on a gen2 you can get away with running just the pipe.....but on a gen1 the power commander will make a BIG difference in performance....big enough that for that, and engine safety, I'd consider it a must have :laugh:

From what I've heard, on a gen2 you can get away with running just the pipe.....but on a gen1 the power commander will make a BIG difference in performance....big enough that for that, and engine safety, I'd consider it a must have :laugh:
:poke:funny mine ran rich not lean...awefull lot of negative numbers on my map from ryan schnitz, that means its taking away gas not adding it, in the lower rpm ranges.... gen 1 though not 2 so there is no o2 sensor...also if you have a gen 1 you can flash the ecu and no pc3 or 5 needed, if it was a gen 2 i would use a bazzaz so that you can control all 8 of your fuel injectors

Last edited:
:poke:funny mine ran rich not lean...awefull lot of negative numbers on my map from ryan schnitz, that means its taking away gas not adding it, in the lower rpm ranges.... gen 1 though not 2 so there is no o2 sensor...also if you have a gen 1 you can flash the ecu and no pc3 or 5 needed, if it was a gen 2 i would use a bazzaz so that you can control all 8 of your fuel injectors

depends on where the numbers were located...remember the flapper valve and its removal changes things also

the GenII has O2 sensors, so wouldn't add fuel when it see's to much air? Do the O2 sensor in bikes not work like the O2's in cars? or is the stock programming that off and it just can't add enough fuel?

No, you still need a PC on a Gen-II...

:thumbsup: Give us a try......

2008-2009 Hayabusa Power Commander: DynoJet Power Commander Suzuki 1300R Hayabusa PC V USB Fuel Tuner 2009 - Tobefast

Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

We also can get you the Yosh Exhaust.....We don't have them on the site yet, but can Drop Ship one out of our Suppliers Warehouse Directly to you if your in a hurry.

Just let us know we can hook you up...

Team McCoy Motorsports
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com

Back