Do busa's eat rear tires?

busaben

Registered
I've got 2900 miles on this Metzler sportec M-1.  I don't do wheelies or burnouts.  Since 80-90% of my miles are straightaways or slow curves, most of my wear is in the middle.  I've still got 3 or 4K worth of miles left on the front tire, at this rate, I can get 3 rear tires for every one front.

HA that is what my tire looked like when I replaced it at 7500 miles.

I got 2800 miles out of my stock tire.

old_tire.jpg

biggerdanno...Nice, that's one of few that I've seen that on. obviously you live in the mountains, or you like spinning around corners in town...still nice.

Those burn outs will do it all the time. I guess lots of wheelies will keep the front tire clean :D

I would rather use the belt sander than an orbital sander, does a much nicer job of rolling up the rubber, just kidding!
:laugh:

Quote (Milwaukee_Joe @ Mar. 25 2003,3:38)
biggerdanno...Nice, that's one of few that I've seen that on. obviously you live in the mountains, or you like spinning around corners in town...still nice.

I live in California and love to ride the canyons...I get em worn like that and then go finish them off at the dragstrip. [/QUOTE]
nice....I used to live in San Diego, loved the Ortega hwy...tons of fun!!!

HA that is what my tire looked like when I replaced it at 7500 miles.
You did great, at 7500 I just replaced my original front tire but installed my 3rd BT56 on the rear.

Busaben, Do the M1s have better bite than the originals on the busa, they seem to be getting popular around here.

TNJ Posted on Mar. 29 2003,1:35
Busaben,  Do the M1s have better bite than the originals on the busa, they seem to be getting popular around here.[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend them if you want something to stick in the corners.  Much stickier than stock BT56's.  If you live close to the mountains, this would be a great tire or for track days.  If you have to ride a 100 miles or more to get to the mountains, you'd probably want something that would wear a little longer unless you trailer to the mountains.

Thanks busaben, that's what I needed to know. We do live in mountains but mileage is important but traction will always be top priority.

This would be another good thread to sound off on folks.

My rear BT56 is doing OK but I am still looking at probably needing a replacement at around 2500.

I got 5600 miles out of the OEM BT56, 5400 miles out of the BT020 that replaced it, and I've gotten around 6000 apiece out of the Michelin Macadams that followed those two. I have another Macadam on there now, and I'll be replacing it with an Avon ST-46. I've heard great things about the Avons regarding traction and longevity.

The Macadams work very well as long as it's > 50 degrees F out. Below that, you can get some scary slips in the corners when the tires get near the end of their lives.

I have an Avon ST-45 up front right now, and I *love* that tire. It kept me from falling on my head when I found some wet pavement in a corner on NY 30 in Long Lake, NY this past weekend (it had just started sprinkling, and had moved south just before I got to the corner).

Well I actually managed 2200 on my initial OEM BT56. Replaced it with an 010.

Well I actually managed 2200 on my initial OEM BT56.  Replaced it with an 010.
I don't think I'll ever get anywhere close to 2k miles out of my stock rear. I have just under 700 miles now and it's showin' signs of good times already. ;) Of course chewing it up on the fresh tar & gravel surface at Cheaha Mountain that one time didn't really help things. I mean it really ate my tires up! :mad:

I see a set of Diablos in my not so distant future...

I only got bout 3800ish out of the stock bt56. I replaced it with a Michelin Pilot Sport. Have gotten lil over a 1k miles on it.... wearing good and handles great....

I will have to give some props to the bt56. I brought my bike home in the rain (which fu!$%n sucked) and rode over 200 miles in the rain to Ocean City, MD and only had one prob with them.

The only reason for changing was the mileage issue

Back