DME Swing arm brake bracket

mysticblu999

Registered
I know this is the turbo section, but this is the place I know that the right eyes have the best chance of seeing it.

When my bike was built I ordered a swing arm from DME. I never seen it until it was on the bike. The guy that built it had to use a brake bar from a different bike to get it to work somewhat but it leaves a lot to be desired. The rotor rubs against the caliber because it is in the wrong angle. After way too long of hating this set up, along with a few other things that makes me hate my once beloved bike I have to fix it! For those of you that have a aluminum DME swing arm, what are you using for spacers and brake hanger and brake bar? The main problem is that the brake bar won't fit with the factory spacers. Then I have to figure out a way to keep it from spinning around since there is not a place for a brake bar. I don't know what it came with and can't get an answer from DME right now. Keep in mind that this is a GEN 1. HELP!

20140413_153349_zpsww7wkjwg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you zoom in and take a pic and let us see what it looks like? I have a velocity that looks and is same design as a DME that has a bracket. I can take a pic. Looks pretty similar to yours if yours has a notch in the right side rail, the bracket that I have is what you need.

Here is pics of mine

swing1.jpg

swing2.jpg

swing3.jpg

Stock is supposed to fit, but you have the wrong bracket for the gen 1 busa. Lmk and i can get you the right part. i will take your old one in on partial trade. part in stock and can ship today... just pm pm

Back