District 9 : excellent movie

its a $30 million dollar indy film, not a $200 million dollar cgi movie like transformers....

if all you saw was insect living in a ghetto, perhaps you should stick to michael bay movies, with lots of explosions and stuff.

I wish transformers II had 1/2 the plot that this movie had. Transformers II was an ok movie but it has also been the most disapointing movie i've scene this year. I hope District 9 makes enough money to warant a sequel. IMO if your a sci-fi fan this movie is a must see.

Last edited:
Insects living in a ghetto? Now that's a good script? Don't waste your $ :moon:

what didn't you like about it...?

peter jackson is awesome.....when the studios backed up the money trucks and geave him carte blanche for rings, he made incredible movies....

and now for $30million he has made an awesome, sci-fi epic, that uses south african aparthied, racism, greed, the actual real life forced eviction of blacks living in the district six ghetto in Capetown...throw in some aliens and a private security and weapons manufacturer that is a cross between black water and COBRA.

i wish he was given transformers....

Made 45 million in the first weekend. making it all ready in the black for $15 million.

I just got back from watching district 9 and it was the best action sci-fi movie I've seen in awhile......You gotta check it out.:thumbsup:

Yep just saw it w/ my Dad. Enjoyed it. The fact that it did not have a huge budget and any big Hollywood actors gave it more feel. There are definite underlying correlations to reality.

If you saw it and only came away with...."a bunch of insects running around in a ghetto" I guess you missed the connection.

Yep just saw it w/ my Dad. Enjoyed it. The fact that it did not have a huge budget and any big Hollywood actors gave it more feel. There are definite underlying correlations to reality.

If you saw it and only came away with...."a bunch of insects running around in a ghetto" I guess you missed the connection.

Amen brother...Amen then you get it like I did.

I definitley missed something. I must not be up on my world events. It looked like a stretched out version of the beginning of Scarface. I didn't understand the "Depth". There should be a few minutes at the beginning mentioning something like that.

the wife and i saw it today...i wasnt impressed at all...seemed to drag on and on

I am watching this movie now. This shid is deep, really deep. Lot's of evil special interests covered within.

Back