District 9 : excellent movie

afterhours

Registered
I saw it last night. the handycam work got me little motion sick at first but after the A/C kicked on it was cool.

this was truly an exceptional, and unique movie. i will not post any spoilers but i can truly say the ending was totally not what i expected....

go see it.

I agree, Sector 9 was really well done.

The previews don't do it justice in my opinion.

You guys talking about district 9? Did a google search and nothing came up about sector 9?

A good twist on apartheid in South Africa. I liked the movie...much more to read into than just watching it. Wardie

Watched it last Friday. It was very well done. It really show the value that corporations and governments place on life in the face of greed.

Is there a lot of the bouncy hand camera stuff? I would seriously hurl if I had to see that in a theater. I wait for those types of movies to come out on DVD. Doesn't bother me on a smaller screen.

Ok, I'm confused, my girlfriend and I saw this movie last weekend and I have to tell you that we thought it sucked! I love science fiction movies but this one was silly! A bunch of large insects living in a ghetto being managed by an incompentent government? Also the special effects were sub-par not to mention goofy......:moon:

Ok, I'm confused, my girlfriend and I saw this movie last weekend and I have to tell you that we thought it sucked! I love science fiction movies but this one was silly! A bunch of large insects living in a ghetto being managed by an incompentent government? Also the special effects were sub-par not to mention goofy......:moon:

its a $30 million dollar indy film, not a $200 million dollar cgi movie like transformers....

if all you saw was insect living in a ghetto, perhaps you should stick to michael bay movies, with lots of explosions and stuff.

Independent movies are great because their budget limitations make it necessary to create imagery with physical techniques. It gives the filmography a much more organic and plausible quality.

Back