Disappointing dyno results

Ok I will get the graph if I can get the guy to email it to me.
What you are saying race24x is exactly what the tuner told me.

Ok I will get the graph if I can get the guy to email it to me.
   What you are saying race24x is exactly what the tuner told me.
either the dyno tech did something wrong w/ the map(probably), or your bike was a DOG from the factory. Does it FEEL crisper and more powerful now rather than b4
rock.gif
Trust me, w/ those mods, YOU CAN FEEL THE POWER DIFFERENCE!!!!!

i had been meaning to get mine dyno'ed for quite some time now...but about 4 months ago?...i was do'in about a buck 80 and went to lick my lips cause they were drying out from the wind of my chin vent being open..and as soon as the tip of my tongue exited my lips?....my tongue turned into a freaking wind tunnel blowing my lips apart and my mouth wide open which in turn shot my dentyne "ICE" sugar free wad of gum 1/2 way down the back of my throat...and i was sorta choking to death until i wound it back down to 160 or so to get my lips back together so i could yack up my gum and and breath again so i could stop turning blue.

dyno?...ain't thought about it much since then...but guess i oughta get it done one of these daze.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

That is low .. Quasar is a wizard with maps and very knowledgeable and helpful . Give him a holler and tell him what mods you have .
I have one of his maps on my harddrive but it's for a Yosh TRS 4-2-1 , small box , Bmc Race setup .

Ok the dyno shop faxed me the graph would not email so I will have to scan then post it.
Before I had it dynoed and a so called custom map installed the bike ran great with the map from dynojet. About same mpg as stock didnt get hot.
I have had the bike for about year and basically rode it stock for 9300 miles.
The major difference is that it is crisper and smoother but does not feel that much more powerful.
By the way what does geared mean, and thanks for all the input.

I got the same with a full Yosh RS3 pair valve mod and PC III from Dyna Jets site. I had 150.1 hp stock with 500 miles on it I'm get a BMC filter and a custom map.

If you want bigger numbers, try a different dyno. You can't expect more than 5-6 HP gain? If you didn't do a dyno run on the same dyno before you spent $400 per HP you have no way of knowing what you gained.

The only way you are going to gain noticeable HP is by internal engine work, Turbo, Go Juice, etc. Pipes, PC etc. don't gain you much. Does make it sound better and gives curb appeal.

Now if you had spent all that cash on suspension, you could have had something to make you smile every time to straddled that critter
smile.gif

A dyno is a tuning tool without a before graph all you have are numbers that are greatly affected by heat humidity and sea level. One persons dyno may say 156 HP and if you ride right down the road to another it may say 162HP this is the reason for corrected hP you have to punch some numbers into the dyno to get corrected HP you can skew these numbers and add or subtract 20 HP from the same bike.
Exactly.

I see he does not have the air box mod, that should give a couple more hp if properly mapped.

A dyno is a tuning tool without a before graph all you have are numbers that are greatly affected by heat humidity and sea level. One persons dyno may say 156 HP and if you ride right down the road to another it may say 162HP this is the reason for corrected hP you have to punch some numbers into the dyno to get corrected HP you can skew these numbers and add or subtract 20 HP from the same bike.
Concur & agree Dyno pulls are nothing more than numbers even when done correctly. But, I wanted to see the graph so we would all know what we were dealing with in regards to the obvious things...
They generally perform the baseline prior to Mickey Mousing around with your bike! If they don't perform this I'd suggest not wasting your money and moving along. There are a host of things that can impact the final numbers you get many of which can be manipulated by the dyno operator. But in your case this shouldn't be the case. If they were going to skew the numbers I'd a guessed you would have saw spectaculer figures...
Was also interested in the Correction factor or method used to derrive at this (SAE, etc). Interesting read on Dyno Correction Factors

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155400832 -->

I have to go along with the try a different dyno idea. Heres why. Last year at the Elkhart Lake superbike races Suzuki had a dyno there. Free to GXR owners my bike did 164.9 on it. This year I paid 35 bucks for a run on a different dyno. I noticed that all the guys running the dyno had Kawasaki shirts on and that a ZX12 was leading the stock motor class.
I knew my Busa was doomed and sure enough the numbers were a joke 147.6. Alot can be done to make you bike look good or bad.

I have the same basic setup...also have a BMC race filter and plugged the hose on the pair valve. No airbox mods other than ramair seals. My bike showed 172 hp and 99.50 lb ft of torque. He said the corrected hp figure was 168. Something doesn't seem right with your numbers.

My bike dynoed at the dealership,149.59 hp, 93.45 torque with yoshi zyclone slip ons only....I added the power commander ..I noticed quite a big difference in third gear but throughout the gear range as well...and the bike seems smoother. Especially at startup/warm up...I haven't had it dynoed again but I may after I get my K&N air filter or something...

well?..he lives in watsonville, ca by the monterey bay area and the average elevation there is 23' above sea level soooo?.."elevation"...ain't the problem.
laugh.gif

now what "could be" the problems is as follows...

1. No baseline stock dyno numbers were established so the bike may've been a pig to start with because of other HP stealing culprits such as...

2. Out of synch throttle bodies and/or possibly?....

3. Low milage?...as it is an '05 model....and if the odo still has qnything less than 10,000 on it?..the engine may not yet be "fully" broken-in yet...especially if it's 5K miles or less and?.....

4. If it wasn't an Eddie-Current type dyno and was just a standard DJ inertia type dyno they can be suspect to 10-15% variences from unit to unit...day-too-day...especially when tossing external  conditions into the mix such as weather conditions to include humidity levels and absolute pressure and?...also...

5. Akro isn't reknowned for their "Top End Numbers"....as Ivan Akrapovic tunes his tubes specifically for "Across The Board Power Gains" to facilitate "Smooth Throttle Response" so?...if you don't have a baseline dynochart of the bikes "stock across-the-board" power curves?....chances are you won't see the true value of the "across the board" gains in living color...as in the streets?..."Peak Numbers" ain't shid...it's the bike that's tuned for quick "Elapsed Acceleration Times" and "A Crisp and Response"....yet still retains ..."A Smooth, Linear Throttle" in the meat of the engines rev range that wins the day....as far as "Sport-Riding" is concerned and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Do the airbox mod NOW before you go to another dyno. You are talking 3-5rwhp maybe more right there. All that extra air coming out of the exhaust and no extra air coming in. The bike can hardly breath.....

P.S.....this is why everyone recommends a base line dyno with the stock bike before any wrenches are turned. If it isn't 100% before the mods, it won't be 100% after the mods....
sad.gif

Back