Disappointing dyno results

julian

Registered
Have a 2005 . Removed pair valve put a full aka evo system. Put on a pc111.Took it to be dynoed he said he put a custom map. Only showed 156 hp and 95 torque, What did I do wrong those numbers are barely better than stock.
Any suggestions please

Have a 2005 . Removed pair valve put a full aka evo system. Put on a pc111.Took it to be dynoed he said he put a custom map. Only showed 156 hp and 95 torque, What did I do wrong those numbers are barely better than stock.
           Any suggestions please
I showed 158 and 95  when I had my full Akrapovic Race dyno tuned. Look on their web site and do some research. Without motor work you don't find big HP numbers with Akra pipes. I thought the EVO was better than the Race? Things are much better now...

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155269808 -->

Any suggestions please
WAAAAAY low.
My buddies made 156rwhp bone stock!!!!

Mine, w/ hindle race exhaust, pc3 w/ custom map, small box mod w/ KN, and a tre made 171rwhp, so you gotta go to someone who knows what they're doing.
I had my friend Quasar do mine, and it was a beast

I realise something is wrong.Called Ivan in New york who sold me the pipe and pc.He said the tuner must be doing something wrong.
The tuner told me that the temp and humidy could be a factor.
Anyway I am disappointed $2000 later with no improvement.

Somebody is doing something wrong... Get a better map. PM quasar or J. cheese... Although I don't know if Johnny Cheese is doing them anymore. If you want a Quasar map go to sh.org and pm him. Like smoke215 said I ran 156 bone stock.

So you think I just need a new map.I was thinking maybe it was the pipe .
Before I had it dynoed I had a map from Dynojet for my system.
The so called custom map feels no different.

So you think I just need a new map.I was thinking maybe it was the pipe .
         Before I had it dynoed I had a map from Dynojet for my system.
        The so called custom map feels no different.
Dynojet maps are USELESS for YOUR BIKE and YOUR APPLICATION. B/C it is tuned to THEIR (DYNOJET'S BUSA) bike and not yours. Every Busa is gonna be a little different. You have to custom map for BEST Results!!

Air/Fuel Ratio has lots to do with it. But custom mapping while the bike is being dynoed is the way to go. You want the REV range and A/F to be even and smooth as possible. Run a lil lean or rich anywhere in the rpm range will have some negative results to your overall power output.

I don't see how it could be the pipe... Unless there was a problem with the install. That is a nice system... I wish I had it. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in!

Any suggestions please
I have the SAME set up with a custom map...162 HP 100 TQ

Don't change anything....go and get another dyno done at another dyno center. Crap I will pay half your bill. LMK I need to see the before and after numbers.

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155278082 -->

I dont think anything is wrong with bike . Ran great with stock pipe and slip ons. Guess I will take it to another dyno center.
Thanks for your suggestions.

you should have dynoed it before the mods. you bike could have had a problem before the mods
Just the reason you need a BEFORE and AFTER run. Unless you have this, you really don't know if anything is wrong with the additions
wink.gif

Somebody is doing something wrong... Get a better map.  PM quasar or J. cheese... Although I don't know if Johnny Cheese is doing them anymore.  If you want a Quasar map go to sh.org and pm him.  Like smoke215 said I ran 156 bone stock.
Ditto.....

List EVERY mod you have done to your bike please. Is this thing geared? Post the dyno graph that will help a bunch..

Mods done are removed pair valve
block of plates
full akro evo system
Ivan smart tre
pc111 with custom map from the guy who dynoed bike.Did notice that after installed pipe,That headers turned blue,dont know if this is normal.

A dyno is a tuning tool without a before graph all you have are numbers that are greatly affected by heat humidity and sea level. One persons dyno may say 156 HP and if you ride right down the road to another it may say 162HP this is the reason for corrected hP you have to punch some numbers into the dyno to get corrected HP you can skew these numbers and add or subtract 20 HP from the same bike.

Dyno numbers are great but how does it run with the new setup? Is it smoother, does it get hotter, does it get worse gas mileage, is it fouling plugs, does it rip? As some have mentioned Dyno's are just another tool to help you tune (and give you something to brag about) your bike. The AF ratio is probably the more telling piece of the pie here. If you got them from the Dyno shop post em up.

Back