Disappointed with my front stand

donkason

Registered
I wasn't 100% sure about it when I bought it, but now I really don't like it. I was working my wheel out for a tire change and one of the rubber feet on the right side slipped and down it went.

It is hard to watch the big girl lay on the ground.

uploadfromtaptalk1336595805993.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1336598253252.jpg

Were you using a rear stand? I don't see one in your pic. You are supposed to put the bike up on a rear stand and then put the front up to make it stable. If you weren't using a rear stand this would be why it fell over because it was unbalanced on the back end and went to the heavier side.

Sorry to see your bike on the ground. Give Justin @ Honda east a call for parts to fix her back to 100%.

Yeah you are supposed to put it on a rear stand first.... Front stands are tricky. You have to make sure the bike is 100% secure in the stands and the rubber feet are positioned properly on the stand. Should get some T-rex stands to solve you woes.

Sorry for your troubles :down:

Same thoughts as the other folks on here, you have to use a rear stand as well. I have a Redline rear and Pitbull front stands for my bike. The Pitbull has the tree mount and the fork mount similar to yours and it has been great when used with a rear stand. I have used it 50+ times on several bikes throughout the years with zero problems.

It sucks, but sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

You guys are right. I had my rear stand on and moved it for some reason. When I went back around front to work on pulling the tire it went down.

My slow deductive reasoning made me think, if there is a front and rear stand that means one doesn't fit all and maybe they should be used together. Of course that was while looking at my bike on the ground. The noise the fairing made getting it back up was the worst part.

Well lesson learned, some scuffs, and an OEM peg snapped where the feeler bolt mounts. It's expensive to be dumb.

It got a band-aid on the worst part.

Anybody on this forum know somebody that paints small parts like the rear signal housing I clould ship to or is cheaper to buy a new one?

uploadfromtaptalk1336600922616.jpg

Keep an eye on Ebay or Psychobikes for small pieces like that. If you are patient you can pick them up pretty cheap.

I intstalled frame sliders, axle spools, and sliders on my grips last night because I'm doing a track day at Mid-Ohio on Sunday. If this happened last week it wouldn't be so pretty.

Sorry about the bike brother. How are the front brake rotors ?

They were fine. The calipers were off already so the wheel fell off when she went down. The fun part was reinstalling the wheel and calipers before I stood it back up. That was a different angle to work from.

Wow! I'm sorry this happened, but it certainly is a lesson learned. Good thing you got the protective bits on before she went down. Definitely give the front rotors and forks a good once or thrice over before you put her back on the road.

I posted a while ago that i strap mine while working on it to the ceiling in the garage,some thought it was stupid,but it would have saved your bike if you had done it...

wow that looks like a murder scene ...sorry about the drop...next time do a chalk out line of the bike where it lay to remind you of what can happen...damn was that an Evil thing to say? naaaaah it's all love brother :laugh:

T-Rex rear first front when needed.. problem sloved.. seeing ur bike on its side almost made my heart skip a beat. Hurtful scene bro.

That sucks. Sorry for your troubles.

Why where you removing the front wheel?
The rear tire looks new, do you change your own tires? If so, what equipment do you use?

Thanks for posting this as a reminder or for anyone that didn't know to always use a rear stand
when you use a front stand. :beerchug:

Dayum that sucks... Sorry about your tip over... Get her fixed up and learn from your mistakes.....:thumbsup:

Yeah you are supposed to put it on a rear stand first.... Front stands are tricky. You have to make sure the bike is 100% secure in the stands and the rubber feet are positioned properly on the stand. Should get some T-rex stands to solve you woes.

Sorry for your troubles :down:

Hey Russ... What is the big difference in the T-rex stands that help prevent this kind of thing from happening.... Im in the market for some myself...

Back